Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Yardley, Pennsylvania
Key member of team responsible for Process Area of North America Beverage Division manufacturing plants. Work closely with Plant Management, Corporate Technologies, Customer Technical Services and Corporate Quality to support the following:
- Maintain process parameters controls on Beverage Manufacturing plants in order to improve productivity, spoilage and conversion costs.
- Recommendation, selection and implementation of new technology and manufacturing processes
- Metal Control Management including specification, manufacturing plants performance and coil supplier performance.
- Management of Chemical Process Engineering (Washer, Lubricant System, Water Treatment).
- Statistic Process Control Management.
- Support the Development of New Suppliers.
- Process Audits on Beverage Plants and Main Suppliers.
- Coordinate Trials for qualifications of new materials (Metal, Litho Materials and Drum Supplies).
- Development of New Products (Beverage Cans and Ends).
Recommendation, selection and implementation of new technology and manufacturing process. Define and implement the best practices on manufacturing facilities, equipment and processes. Support Project Engineering researching equipment suppliers, materials, benchmarking of New Technologies with Crown plants worldwide.
2) METAL PERFORMANCE
Metal specification with CT in can and ends, monitoring metal performance, metal yield and manage/control the metal suppliers through KPIs (process indicators), external audits and technical reviews.
Down gauging: Responsible for identify Down gauge opportunities, in conjunction with CT, including scope, needs, and timelines for each plant to achieve the target. Reduce conversion costs in all can and end sizes to keep Crown competitive in the market place.
3) CONSUMABLES & PROCESS PARAMETERS AND DATA ANALYSIS
Support and define the best technology and chemical products to be used to guarantee the properly coatings, washer chemicals, lubrication system and process utilities for can making process and effluent discharge. Coordinate actions to reduce consumables usage with the plants.
Define and analyze process parameters and data for several can sizes in order to provide an easy understanding and comparison between beverage lines and plants, with the Plant Managers, Quality Managers and Production Engineering Managers and define action plan to improve the process performance, reduce spoilage, costs($)/M and improve efficiency (CPM).
4) NEW MATERIALS QUALIFICATION
Managing and approve trials on Beverage facilities for qualification of New materials metal, coatings, varnishes, drum supplies, etc. Analysis of data, evaluation of results and creation of technical qualification reports, recommending further actions to be taken if needed.
5) TOOLING & SPARE PARTS - STANDARDIZATION
Consolidation of Tooling and Spare Parts Inventory in order to keep the standardization across the plants and minimize costs.
6) TRAINING PROGRAM
Develop, document and deliver specific training programs in statistical process control data and process specifications.
7) MANUFACTURING PROCESS AUDITS
Responsible for perform audits on main Suppliers manufacturing process and internal process audits on Crown North America Beverage Plants.
RESPECT CROWN SAFETY RULES AND PROMOTE AWARENESS.
Manage performance and development of all of their direct reports.
Analyze and define the needs of training of all direct reports in order to keep them qualified.
Provide feedback about performance and results in order to keep their direct reports engaged and motivated.
10) NEW PRODUCTS (BEVERAGE CANS AND ENDS), NEW MATERIALS, NEW PROCESS, NEW EQUIPMENT, ETC.
Development and support in new projects and production line modifications to meet the production demand for new products (Beverage Cans and Ends). Job Requirements
In addition to the qualifications and experience listed above, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor s degree in engineering
- Minimum of five (5) years manufacturing experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Experience in high-speed metal packaging related to the manufacture or use of Beverage, Food or Aerosol packaging
- Six Sigma certification in Green Belt or beyond
- Technical and Functional competencies
- Highly motivated, driven and results oriented
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively solve problems both on an individual and collaborative approach.
- Working knowledge of principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations including SPC, Six Sigma, 5S, SMED and Lean Manufacturing.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced manufacturing operation.
- Must believe in the team approach to solving problems and must have proven success in coaching & leading teams to resolve specific problems.
- Demonstrated employee relations skills and the ability to motivate people
- Experience developing, building and maintaining strong business partnerships
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal correspondence as well as an effective presenter.
- Strong knowledge of PC s and software programs Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Approximately 70% travel will be required Travel
70 - 80%