Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Clarivate Analytics is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, and deep domain expertise to innovators worldwide.
Our solutions cover the entire lifecycle of innovation: scientific and academic research; patent analytics and regulatory standards; pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence; trademark, domain and brand protection. Our portfolio consists of some of the world s most trusted brands, including Web of Science, Derwent, CompuMark, Cortellis, MarkMonitor, and Techstreet.
We employ more than 4,300 colleagues in 43 countries.
Clarivate Analytics is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the tickers NYSE:CCC; CCC.WS.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
More About the Position:
The candidate will lead a team that designs and develops software for the Publisher Hub. As the Engineering Manager you will oversee for the day-to-day management of the technical team which self directs tasks within the Agile framework. You will be responsible for annual reviews and other team management responsibilities as required for creating and maintaining this high performing team. This role is responsible for creating an environment to attract and retain great talent.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and change management skills; create passion, excitement and results in others.
* Responsible for software delivery as a part of the engineering team.
* Oversee the design and may develop prototype/actual code;
* Responsible for reviewing requirements, design, implementation, and unit testing.
* The candidate should have SaaS experience and a track record of building and delivering high quality software in scalable commercial applications.
* Responsible for communicating accurately the status of ongoing work to stakeholders and present status updates to project management and senior managers.
* Attends project planning sessions with Product Owners, Clients and Product Managers to analyze requirements.
* Accountable for tracking status of team's work and ensuring deliverables are produced on agreed schedules in coordination with the Product Owner.
* Ensures self and team develop modules using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practice guidelines, including security guidelines.
* Ensures self and team carry out unit and other testing, ensuring application meets needs of client and business.
* Aids in researching and adopting new and emerging technologies, evaluating new tools, technologies and platforms to be included in projects.
* May have cost responsibility for own team/project, and/or contribute to forecasting budgets and recommending expenditure without being fully accountable for them.
* Identifies ways to improve the operation of own area and to achieve efficiencies and results and assists in process improvement.
* Leads and manages the day-to-day activities of their team including supporting career development of team (objective setting, performance management, talent management, etc.)
* 8+ years of experience working as a software engineer developing commercial software
* 2+ years in leading / managing software engineering teams
* 2+ years of experience in a SaaS delivery model
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field required (Master s degree is a plus)
* Proven experience with Java development
* Knowledge of working in AWS cloud (EC2, S3)
* Knowledge of Agile methodologies
* Proven experience with DB2 and other SQL technologies. Experience with other search technologies like Elastic a plus.
* Strong understanding of security best practices
* Grasp and analyze complex, multi-dimensional problems
* Work collaboratively with relevant internal groups to achieve short, medium, and long-term results
* Proven track record in effectively leading and managing teams to produce on-time, high-quality deliverables with a high level of customer satisfaction
* Ability to work effectively as a team member, across project teams, and independently;
* Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.