Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Rochester, New York
MANUFACTURING LAB TECH needed for a CONTRACT opportunity with Yoh's client located in ROCHESTER, NY.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
* Supports the daily operation of the lab and has key responsibility for many of the support systems, including inventory management of chemical and consumables, preparation of lab medias and reagents, vial inventory shipping and management, and equipment calibrations/verifications/maintenance.
* Performs microbiological analyses in support of end-product testing and troubleshooting.
* Performs microorganism propagations in support of Plant manufacturing.
* Maintains a high degree of communication with the Team and be detail-oriented in making observations from resulting test methods.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years overall experience in an industrial lab setting. (At least 2 of the 4 years' experience must be related to the above responsibilities.)
* Technical Competencies, basic microbiology knowledge, advanced math & basic statistics
* Basic laboratory techniques and operation of laboratory equipment
* Ability to define, write, and follow SOP's and WKI's
* Fundamental computer skills
* Data collection, analysis, and interpretation
* Writing of data summaries and basic scientific reports
* Basic lab safety; knowledge of MSDS and chemical handling procedures
* Organization, planning and basic task management
* Sound decision making, problem solving, and troubleshooting
* Ability to multitask
* Effective communication skills in individual and group settings; interaction with peers and supervisors
* Ability to train others
* Ability to work rotating shift or off-hours
* Moderate to heavy lifting
BONUS POINTS! OTHERWISE KNOWN AS PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Experience with aseptic technique and microbiology methods and practices a plus.
OPPORTUNITY IS CALLING, APPLY NOW!
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here:
to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.