Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Nampa, Idaho
PURPOSE STATEMENT: Industrial Engineers are responsible to partner with the area stakeholders to improve overall site performance, track and analyze performance, and lead/participate in key improvement projects/initiatives.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Shares best known methods and lessons learned both locally and regionally
* Lead short term to long term focus factory improvement events and projects
* Lead lean manufacturing / lead time reduction activities within the focus factory.
* Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
* Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and work-space to illustrate maximum efficiency, using drafting tools and computer
* Partners with key stakeholders to develop applications to continuously improve production metrics
* Identifies improvement opportunities and collaborates with stakeholders to make improvements
* Engages shift team members to improve key performance indicator (KPI) variability shift to shift
* Assesses impact to groups/area and strives for a win/win solution
* Coordinates with appropriate stakeholders to setup new business processes, systems, reporting, etc.
* Designs and coordinates projects with several different departments
* Drives projects to ensure that deliverables are completed within the required timeframe
* Ensures successful implementation of projects into business processes
* Utilizes effective project management tools and methods (problem statement, deliverables, milestones, risks, etc.)
* Minimizes duplication of effort through effective planning
* Factors customer/supplier constraints and abilities in planning
* Utilizes knowledge of area constraints to improve reporting/performance
* Owns and challenges area planning assumptions and uses knowledge to drive improvements
* Uses statistical analysis to optimize area performance metrics
* Partners with stakeholders to develop applications to improve production metrics
* Drives collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
* Drives action through effective data and clear communication
* Incorporates experience and observations into data analysis and decision making
* Designs experiments to maximize efficiency opportunities
* Factors in risks and mitigation opportunities prior to implementing change
* Continues to evolve skill set via internal and external education opportunities
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
* Excellent ability to manage multiple projects, time-management, organization and prioritization skills
* Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
* Proven ability to communicate complex analysis in a succinct and actionable manner
* Proven ability to plan, drive and complete projects effectively
* Proven skills in working effectively with team members from different disciplines
* Demonstrated critical thinking skills
* Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to be detailed oriented and able to follow complex procedures
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Power Point
* Demonstrated ability and drive to continuously learn and self-improve
* Demonstrated ability to identify, develop, propose, and implement effective plans to improve overall efficiency
* Demonstrated ability to organize and efficiently facilitate meetings and project teams
* Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills with ability to troubleshoot complex problems and address root causes
* Strong partnering and team-working skills
* Proven ability to communicate and present technical information effectively
* Strong understanding of statistics and data analysis
* Strong knowledge of and ability to apply Manufacturing Science (scheduling, inventory management, capacity planning, etc.)
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred.
* Three years of related experience is required; five or more years of related experience is preferred.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!