Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Karcher Estates is located in Nampa, Idaho just 20 miles west of Boise. The Karcher Estates campus is a perfect option for those who are interested in independent or assisted living options, as well as for those who may require short-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing care following a hospital stay, injury or illness. Our campus of care offers independent living, assisted living and post-acute skilled nursing and rehabilitative care to meet nearly every need you have.:
Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates embraces a philosophy of healthy, fulfilled living to encourage happiness and longevity, and we strive to help residents achieve the purposeful, active lifestyle that they desire through events, activities and educational opportunities.:
Karcher Post-Acute and Rehabilitation Center is with you every step of the way. Specializing in short-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing care, our goal is to help patients return home to their active, independent lifestyle. Our inter-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers and healthcare technicians are experts in providing a full range of health care services. We are able to adapt these services to each patient and their personal circumstances.:
Karcher Post-Acute and Rehabilitation Center is a contracted provider for Medicaid, Medicare and several managed care plans.:
Questions? Contact KarcherALFExecutiveDirector@prestigecare.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
Provides medication services and direct resident care, assist in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocial environment for residents. Assist residents with activities of daily living, housekeeping, laundry and other daily chores.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for the daily operation of the medication room and medication services as directed by the Health Services Director (HSD) and in accordance with physician orders, state regulations and the nurse practice act.
* Processes physician medication and treatment orders in accordance with state regulations and the nurse practice act.
* Administers and assists with the self-administration of routine and non-routine medications in accordance with physician orders, state regulations and the nurse practice act.
* Completes simple treatments and monitors residents as directed by the health service director in accordance with physician orders, state regulations and the nurse practice act.
* Maintains accurate records of medication and treatment services provided or omitted, including controlled substances,in each resident s clinical record.
* Coordination with pharmacies for medication orders and refills.
* Reports all medication errors per policy.
* Reports and records changes in resident condition, incidents and accidents to HSD, physician and family member as indicated under the direction of the HSD. Completes all incident forms.
* Routinely communicates with physicians, pharmacies, outside services, residents and families regarding medication and care services.
* Provides direct resident care while promoting the resident s dignity, independence and choice, regularly observes residents physical and mental conditions and reports changes to the HSD, Expressions Coordinator, or Executive Director.
* Assists with or provides care services as directed by the resident s cooperative service plan.
* Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, and in a manner that respects dignity, confidentiality standards, and promotes individual rights.
* Follows and supports community fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to immediate supervisor.
* Serves meals in the dining room, assisting residents at meal time, provides resident tray delivery, and assists with dining room and kitchen clean up and maintenance.
* Assists in lifting, moving and transporting residents using proper body mechanics or assistive devices as directed by the resident s cooperative service plan.
* Assists with tours, move-ins, move-outs, and transfers and coordinates personal care service with co-workers assisting with lifting and responds to assistance pages promptly.
* Performs First Aid and initiates emergency response procedures per policy and state regulations.
* Properly stores medications and equipment and keeps the medication room clean and orderly.
* Removes outdated or discontinued medications to return to the pharmacy or disposal per policy.
* Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
* Other duties as assigned.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBLITIES:
* Demonstrates Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Trust.
* Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents families, visitors and staff.
* Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, employees, the facility, and company information and records.
* Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Must hold state required medication pass certification or other required certification, complete state required delegation and/or training requirements, and successfully complete the medication pass competency. Must have word processing skills. Must have current CPR certification, First Aid training, and Food Handlers permit as required by state regulations. Must complete all state required trainings as necessary.
High school diploma or GED with one or more years of personal care experience with older adults preferred or as required by state regulations.
KEYWORDS: medication technician, med tech, Med Tech, caregiver, Caregiver, personal care attendant, healthcare, assisted living, entry-level, senior care, seniorcare, assistedliving, skillednursing, skilled nursing, elderly, geriatrics