Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: NORWALK, Connecticut
Hearst CT Media Group in Connecticut has an immediate opening for a Reporter to cover the Fairfield area
· Candidates should expect to write daily stories covering breaking news for the newspapers, their corresponding websites and Social Media networks.
· Report on breaking news in a fast, accurate, clear, lively and timely manner.
· Post regularly to the websites and use social media networks actively for disseminating reporting and also as a tool for reporting.
· Take videos and photos as needed.
· Make photo requests and help with graphic/chart requests as directed.
· Develop a reliable list of personal and data sources.
· Monitor important local beats for breaking news.
· Read competing and complimentary publications.
· Schedule may vary including nights and weekends if necessary.
· College Degree required; a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field preferred or equivalent experience in a newsroom setting.
· Excellent reporting skills
· Must demonstrate a command of writing and understand how to produce superior content across multiple platforms in a fast paced environment.
· A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required for this position.
Hearst CT Media Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, homelessness, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.