Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90+ year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer’s most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers. VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings and engineered diffusers, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected – at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.
The SEC reporting team is looking to hire an SEC Reporting Analyst. The individual in this role participates in the preparation and filing of external reports mandated by U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations and supports the quarterly reviews and annual audit process.
Primary Responsibilities :
· Assist in the preparation of the Company’s external financial reporting deliverables, including quarterly and annual reporting (Form 10-Q and Form 10-K), other SEC filings (e.g. Form 8-K, Proxy) and other financial reporting as required
· Prepare and maintain certain footnotes to the Form 10-Q/10-K, supporting schedules and documentation for SEC filings
· Remain current with new technical accounting standards, particularly those that impact financial reporting
· Support one-off technical accounting projects as needed
· Interface effectively with numerous individuals both inside and outside the Company, including the external auditors, to address and resolve accounting issues
· Assist in the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts in connection with the financial reporting process
· Assist with ad-hoc requests and accounting research as needed