Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hazleton, Pennsylvania
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
* Operator 2, Bakery-Packing (Box Machine Operator ) - 3rd shift
* Production Supervisor
Operate the machines, including the box forming machine, bag inserting machine, and box taping machines in the downstairs packaging area to ensure a constant supply of boxes and bags to the Grandi Vision System. Maintaining a consistent flow of finished goods cases to the palletizing robot and ensuring the accuracy of each lines metal detectors.
Applies basic skills to ensure that products are meeting all company specifications, and ensuring that all job duties that affect safety, legality, and quality standards are addressed. Comply with company code of conduct through working safely and efficiently in both a team and individual environment. Adapt techniques as needed to perform duties and tasks in a timely and routine manner. Perform all tasks as directed by the production supervisors to attain the company and customers production needs. Read, follow, and communicate the production schedule with team members, support staff, and the production supervisors to properly prepare materials and machinery for every scheduled production run. Ensure that all materials are consumed in a cost effective manner that limits unnecessary waste. Report any damaged, faulty, out dated, or incorrect supplies to a supervisor for proper documentation and handling. All paperwork must be legible and completed by the end of every shift. Understand and implement the knowledge in the Aryzta values throughout the facility and your teams to ensure continuous improvement for the company, customers, and employees.
* Set up the box machines, bagging machines, and box taping machines to the proper product specifications, and ensure all paperwork pertaining to samples, case codes, and any other job related material be complete and legible before end of shift.
* Understand the companies HACCP plan, and perform all metal detector checks appropriately to ensure product and customer safety. Call for a quality assurance tech to unlock the metal detector chutes for every check and rejected case. Cases must be rescreened in a timely manner and should not be let to sit in the chute.
* Communicate effectively with Grandi Room upstairs to ensure that the boxes and bags, are formed and set in the correct manner, maintaining a consistent flow, and not causing unnecessary waste.
* Investigate all alarms and ensure that they are resolved in an efficient and safe manner. Use a radio or overhead PA system to communicate to mechanics and production supervisors as necessary to minimize downtime and waste.
* Communicate effectively with shipping personnel to solve issues with box palletizing robot, and ensure that both quality assurance and shipping are informed at the start and end of every product run.
* Proper communication of issues to coworkers or the proper department(s) (ie. Sanitation, Maintenance, or Quality Assurance) as needed through use of radio's or overhead PA system. All positions are part of a team and must communicate and work together to ensure a safe and efficient work flow.
* Report any products that are visually out of company and quality standards to the production supervisors.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, sanitary, and organized work area. Remove scrap modules if they become full, never allowing them to overflow.
* Know, understand, and follow safe operating procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Performs all tasks and duties required to ensure production and efficiency standards are met.
* Actively participate with the team, through problem solving, planning, and team decision-making with individual accountability.
* Ensure the proper set-up for the next shift and communicate to them all information relevant to the manufacturing process.
* Perform training of new operators and assist in other training activities which support the manufacturing process.
* Flexibility in job assignments based on production needs, as designated by a supervisor.
* Assist team members regardless of position if help is needed to ensure safe and efficient production runs.
* Ensure all company assets including but not limited to machinery, tools, and the facility; are accounted for and kept in a safe, clean, and well maintained condition.
* Make all necessary machinery & equipment adjustments and performs all tasks & duties necessary for efficient start-ups, daily operation, change-over and shut-downs.
* Other duties as assigned or required.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Good communication skills, in English.
* Ability to read and write in English, and use of basic math and time keeping.
* Able to make logical decisions.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
* High school diploma or GED and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Previous work history in a food manufacturing facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Standing, walking, climbing, bending, twisting, stooping may be required while performing these job duties.
* Able to lift or move (push or drag) 50 lbs.
* Frequently carrying more than 20lbs.
* Able to handle or feel frozen objects.
* Requires an employee to have adequate communication and observational skills.
* Frequent head and neck movement.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to operate and work with mechanical and electrical machines.
* Employee may be required to work in areas that are cold, wet, dusty, slippery, or hot.
* Frequently working in areas of loud noise.
* May require employees to work in small/confined, or elevated areas.
* Production schedule subject to change, based on needs.
* Weekends, Holidays, and Overtime as required.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.