Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Erlanger, Kentucky
Requisition ID: 44291
Business Unit: Engine Systems Kentucky (3170)
Erlanger, KY, United States, 41018
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East. Job Designation
The Production Assembler IV acts as technical specialist and performs complex mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly operations, in accordance with company policy and safety procedures. Job Core Responsibilities
* Acts as a technical specialist and performs complex mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly operations in accordance with company procedures
* Conducts Inspections of own and /or other associates work to insure correctness in accordance with company and /or customer drawing
* Applies process specifications governing the production of product within an assigned cell, records production time and quantity data at the cell as required
* Assists with training /development regarding tasks in other production cells/locations
* Actively demonstrates all safety policies and procedures
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations is preferred.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 7 or more years or relevant experience
* Capable of performing complex mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly operations
* Ability to read and interpret company documents, such as safety rules, operating/manufacturing instructions, policies and procedures
* Able to perform basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
* Good manual dexterity required to work with small parts
* Skilled problem-solver: Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
* Effective oral and written communication
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.