Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Karcher Post-Acute and Rehabilitation Center:
Karcher Estates is located in Nampa, Idaho just 20 miles west of Boise. The Karcher Estates campus is a perfect option for those who are interested in independent or assisted living options, as well as for those who may require short-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing care following a hospital stay, injury or illness. Our campus of care offers independent living, assisted living and post-acute skilled nursing and rehabilitative care to meet nearly every need you have.:
Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates embraces a philosophy of healthy, fulfilled living to encourage happiness and longevity, and we strive to help residents achieve the purposeful, active lifestyle that they desire through events, activities and educational opportunities.:
Karcher Post-Acute and Rehabilitation Center is with you every step of the way. Specializing in short-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing care, our goal is to help patients return home to their active, independent lifestyle. Our interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers and healthcare technicians are experts in providing a full range of health care services. We are able to adapt these services to each patient and their personal circumstances.:
Any Questions Contact: KarcherSNFAdministrator@prestigecare.com:
Prestige Care is about people helping people, and is rooted in a philosophy of caring based on our core values - respect, integrity, commitment, and trust - that are at the center of all we do. Our mission is to provide quality care, guided by a compassionate heart and our promise is to personally touch lives every day. At Prestige we offer a dynamic and collaborative environment where you will not only make a difference in the lives of others every day; you have the opportunity to grow professionally, learn new skills and advance your career.:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:::
We also offer a full benefits suite to eligible employees that includes the following:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Employer paid group life and ADD insruance
401(k) plan with company match
Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
Employee Assistance Program
Commitment to career development and continuing education
Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement
Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much more!
*Benefits may vary by location:::::
ENGLISH/SPANISH SPEAKING A PLUS
The Housekeeping and Laundry Supervisor oversees the housekeeping and laundry departments and is responsible for maintaining the center or community in an orderly, clean and sanitary condition and for processing linens, garments and other washables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides day to day supervision to housekeeping and laundry team members including hiring, training, scheduling and performance management.
* Leads and manages the housekeeping and laundry departments with the highest level of quality, service and safety.
* Ensures that the housekeeping and laundry departments operate within their budget including managing supply and labor costs.
* Inventories and orders necessary supplies for housekeeping and laundry operations.
* Manages housekeeping and laundry tasks to ensure timely completion of duties including coordinating with other departments to make sure needs are met.
* Ensures that resident rooms, apartments, public restrooms, offices and common areas are maintained in a safe, clean, comfortable, and attractive manner, keeping residents personal items safe.
* Cleans, straightens and picks up trash throughout the center or community including sinks, toilets, plumbing fixtures, mirrors and surfaces, and replenishing soap and paper products. Vacuums, sweeps and mops floors on a routine basis.
* Cleans spills, soiled areas, and other conditions as observed or directed. Safely uses cleaners and other hazardous materials in accordance to product instructions and department procedure.
* Cleans exterior windows, patios, or other outside areas as observed or assigned.
* Manages the collection and laundering of soiled clothing and linen, folding and preparing clean clothing and linen for distribution to resident rooms and center or community linen storage areas.
* Ensures linen and resident clothing are in useable condition by mending torn linens or garments and replacing items as necessary.
* Keeps laundry and housekeeping work spaces and storage areas organized and clean according to established procedures.
* Ensures that housekeeping and laundry appliances, equipment and supply carts are properly maintained, maintenance and stored.
* Follows building fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to Administrator, Executive Director or Maintenance Director
* Participates in interdisciplinary team/leadership team by actively contributing in decision making, grievance follow up, building and company-wide initiatives and attending leadership team meetings such as daily stand up, QAPI, Infection Control and other meetings as required.
* Participates in center/community s manager on duty program as assigned.
* Interacts with residents, visitors, and staff courteously, respecting individual confidentiality, dignity and rights
* Other duties as assigned.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBLITIES:
* Demonstrates Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Trust.
* Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents families, visitors and staff.
* Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, employees, the facility, and company information and records.
* Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 2 years of housekeeping and/or laundry experience, preferably in a health care setting. 1+ years in a housekeeping and/or laundry supervisor position with experience managing budgets and leading a team preferred. Ability to manage competing priorities and effectively manage demanding workload. Strong attention to detail.
* High school diploma or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.