Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Safely moves and stacks materials in and about the warehouse, staging area, trailers, etc. Often works off of hilo for extended periods moving/loading materials or finished goods by hand where use of a hilo is not practicable. Hilo work often includes getting off the hilo to deal with paperwork, band/secure/straighten loads, adjust fork width, etc. May also involve use of bar code readers, computer terminals or other electronic devices to track product. Reviews equipment maintenance checklist daily and reports any malfunctions. Maintains required repair records.
High school diploma or equivalent may be required.
Tuition Reimbursement benefit is available to college students.
* Able to exert in excess of 100 lbs of force occasionally, and /or in excess of 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 lbs. of force constantly
* Able to occasionally lift 35-50 lbs. from floor to waist; lift 50-80 lbs from waist to shoulders; and push / pull up to 100 lbs.
* Able to frequently carry in excess of 50 lbs.
* Able to reach forward, laterally and occasionally over the shoulders.
* Able to occasionally grasp with moderate force.
* Able to rotate to other work in the zone, department or any part of Distribution as required.
* Able to maintain a Hilo license and be capable of operating a radio within FCC regulations.
* Must be organized and capable of planning routes to maximize efficiency and prevent production delays.
* Ability to speak English (required)
* Ability to speak English and Spanish (preferred)
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.