Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plymouth, Wisconsin
Founded in 1958, Great Lakes Cheese is the largest packager of natural cheese in the United States. We are proud to offer our retail, foodservice, and co-pack customers with award-winning natural and processed bulk, shredded, and sliced cheeses.
At Great Lakes Cheese, we believe in the value of values. We are true partners internally and externally, building on a foundation of respect and putting forth our best at every opportunity. This partnership approach has driven our tremendous growth and earned us awards such as the #8 Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio.
Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan makes every employee an owner. GLC Owners are problem solvers - they look for opportunities to help and take action. Our Owners are passionate about their work and eagerly advance their knowledge and capabilities. Most importantly, they act with integrity. At Great Lakes Cheese, we do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.
Join our Great Lakes Cheese family and own a piece of the action.
The Maintenance Technician I will ensure maximum operating efficiency, maintenance and repair of machines and equipment in production and facility.
• Respond to production requests for immediate attention to production issues and problems.
• Maintain production equipment.
• Maintain records of preventative maintenance.
• Create requisitions of equipment and supplies to maintain equipment.
• Assist other maintenance personnel as required.
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies & procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED.
• 1 year of maintenance experience and /or training or more.
• Fundamental understanding of manufacturing processes.
• Ability to make decisions based on standard practices.
• Entry level experience and knowledge of production machinery and equipment.
• Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations.
• Basic computer skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
• 1 year of food manufacturing experience or more.
• SAP experience.
• Experience working with ammonia refrigeration systems / PSM.
• Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
• Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
• Product weight: up to 50 lbs.
• Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.