Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plymouth, Wisconsin
Founded in 1958, Great Lakes Cheese is the largest packager of natural cheese in the United States. We are proud to offer our retail, foodservice, and co-pack customers with award-winning natural and processed bulk, shredded, and sliced cheeses.
At Great Lakes Cheese, we believe in the value of values. We are true partners internally and externally, building on a foundation of respect and putting forth our best at every opportunity. This partnership approach has driven our tremendous growth and earned us awards such as the #8 Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio.
Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan makes every employee an owner. GLC Owners are problem solvers - they look for opportunities to help and take action. Our Owners are passionate about their work and eagerly advance their knowledge and capabilities. Most importantly, they act with integrity. At Great Lakes Cheese, we do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.
Join our Great Lakes Cheese family and own a piece of the action.
The Warehouse Worker will organize and store product to meet customer specifications in compliance with company policy related to GMPs and Safety.
• Verify accurate counts of finished products and supplies.
• Organize and store finished products.
• Load and unload trucks per bills of lading.
• Operate all warehouse equipment (tow motor/hand jack/wrapper/battery hoist) in safe manner.
• Put finished products into storage.
• Change and maintain batteries/fill out documentation.
• Perform cycle counts.
• Maintain proper rotation of raw materials/packaging/finished goods per FIFO.
• Productive use of down time.
• Accurately receive in product (finished goods, raw materials, ingredients).
• Communicate safety issues to manager.
• Perform RF functions using a handheld/scanner.
• Stage customer orders in organized manner on shipping dock.
• Accurately prepare Customer orders within GLC and Customer guidelines/requirements.
• Maintain an organized, safe, and clean working environment.
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Lead/Manager.
Required Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED.
• Ability to make minor decisions based on standard practices.
• Ability to read and prepare shipping and receiving records/reports and comprehend production schedules/pick sheets.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Basic understanding of shipping and receiving processes and related equipment.
• Lift truck experience.
• Experience in the use of a bar code driven (RF) operation.
• Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
• Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
• Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
• Product weight: up to 100 lbs
• Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
• Use of motor skills to safely drive tow motors or other motorized vehicles in tight quarters.
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.