Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Medication Technician functions as a key member of the Resident Care Team and works under the supervision of the Director of Nursing.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decision when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, resident, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Knowledge of elderly, ill, and/or disabled.
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition an enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a resident s condition.
* Basic understanding of following step-by-step procedures.
* Follows and understands written and oral directions.
* Knowledge of equipment used in long-term care (e.g., lifts, wheelchairs, Geri chairs, and scales).
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace. (With or without the aid of mechanical devices)
Physical and Sensory Requirements
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
* Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with resident personnel, and support agencies.
* Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, which include a medical and physical examination.
* Graduate of an accredited high school or GED preferred.
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Must be in good physical and mental health.
* Ability to work independently or part of a group.
* Effectively communicate with others.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.