Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
About the Department
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the FDA to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We're changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
Within Field Medical Affairs (FMA), this position has primary responsibility for directing clinical engagement efforts and developing/implementing medical account strategies on behalf of Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) among identified strategic and priority Managed Markets (MM) accounts. As primary Medical Affairs point of contact to key payers this individual provides evidence-based scientific information (proactive and reactive clinical and Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) information) for NNI products to executive decision makers, thought leaders and business influencers. S/he is accountable for the development and maintenance of strong ongoing clinical relationships with business-critical customers including C-suite individuals, Pharmacy Directors, Medical Directors, and other key clinical decision makers within both strategic and priority Managed Markets accounts.
Maintains a network of external relationships with key C-suite individuals, pharmacy directors, medical directors, and other customer groups within Managed Markets. Accountable for managing multiple internal relationships (mainly Market Access, Medical Operations, HEOR and Medical Affairs). Serves as a subject matter expert and primary clinical point of contact for key strategic and priority Managed Markets accounts. Position reports to Field Director/Senior Field Director/Executive Director.
* Provides monthly reports on scientific leadership activities to Field Director including budget expenditures as directed
* Records all activities within One Stop Shop (OSS) and all expenses within Concur in accordance with FMA procedures
* Secures and maintains effective administrative management of strategic national/regional business as well as operational and educational budgets
* Acts as a scientific resource for health care providers (HCPs) and other NNI employees, as required
* Attends and presents at assigned medical and scientific meetings and symposia: a) ensures and maintains thorough knowledge of the latest and current issues and new data pertaining to NNI products; b) develops, establishes and maintains relationships with key Managed Care Customers; c) conveys appropriate use of NNI products and greater utilization of its services; d) Provides leadership with Account Executives in answering unsolicited questions from Managed Care Customers
* Combines account management skills, business acumen, and scientific expertise to enhance value and develop collaborative relationships
* Demonstrates confidence in managing and developing relationships over time with key customers
* Establishes and maintains relationships with key health care providers and key formulary influencers and responds to inquiries to establish and/or further the knowledge of NNI products and related topics
* Establishes the medical account strategy/plan through the identification and cultivation of key relationships and brings forth appropriate collaboration opportunities
* Gathers customer insight regarding NNI and competitor's products to help inform medical and commercial decision making
* Maintains a thorough/advanced and detailed working knowledge of NNI, its products, current scientific research and publications associated with same
* Manages, prepares and conducts ongoing product and scientific updates as needed, demonstrating an advanced level of confidence with presentation and facilitation skills to a variety of audiences
* Participates and presents in special Regional and National projects (e.g., team meetings, training, etc.)
* Understands and adheres to legal and regulatory guidelines of pharmaceutical industry
* Assists Director with planning and delivering presentations for MM POA meetings
* Educates Managed Care Account Executives on product knowledge and understanding of technical information within the therapeutic area
* Facilitates the development of Managed Care Symposia and education for health care providers on subjects relevant to NNIs products
* Provides expert support, mentorship, and/or training to regional medical liaisons, internal medical affairs personnel, and the greater field medical affairs organization in the area of Managed Markets, Integrated Health Networks (IHNs), and Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR), as needed
* Communicates clinical account strategies to NNI Senior Leadership Teams and Core Medical Teams
* Develops and maintains clinical relationships with key C-suite members, medical directors, pharmacy directors, and other clinical influencers at targeted strategic and priority MM accounts
* Develops and presents product and advanced scientific updates for Formulary presentations
* Directs and leads clinical engagement efforts on behalf of NNI at key strategic and priority MM accounts
* Drives the development and implementation of MM strategy in alignment with Medical and Brand strategy
* Manages and facilitates potential Pharmacoeconomic and Managed Care-initiated studies in the regions and refers requests for research grants from region to The Research Grants Committee or other appropriate in-house committees as directed
* Manages internal relationships and collaborates and partners with Marketing, MM, HEOR management and other FMA teams to develop and implement scientific strategies to optimize NNIs products and development activities in the medical community
* Provides advanced scientific leadership for marketed products and development projects within the MM accounts, focusing on diabetes
* Provides advanced scientific leadership for strategic Managed Care and Health Economics consultants and advisory board activities
* Works collaboratively with the Senior Management of Managed Markets and Senior Management of Health Economics to identify, manage, and coordinate medical Support needs at key MM accounts
* Designs, develops, and delivers advanced scientific presentations to individuals and groups of strategic importance to Novo Nordisk as requested
* Develops and delivers advanced formulary presentations using approved material
* Develops, maintains, and executes medical account plans for key strategic and priority Managed Markets accounts
* Identifies, develops, and implements projects that align key clinical decision makers interests with those of NNI
50-75% overnight travel required. Home based position located anywhere in the East.
* A PharmD or other Doctoral degree (e.g. MD, PhD) with advanced professional licensure (e.g.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.