Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Trenton, New Jersey
In the US, more than 100 million adults and a growing number of children live with the disease of obesity, yet only 2% of them receive dedicated medical treatment. By joining the Obesity Commercial team, you will have the opportunity to help people with obesity receive the care they deserve. The Novo Nordisk aspiration is to be a driving force in the science of obesity, to deliver an obesity portfolio and solutions that matter, to ensure obesity is widely recognized as a chronic disease and to reduce barriers to treatment. Our team is the company's obesity strategy anchor, partnering enterprise-wide to deliver on this aspiration. The team is comprised of both our home office strategy and marketing execution teams and our field based teams focusing on customer engagements and execution of our strategy. As one of the Novo Nordisk must win battles, developing the obesity market is a rare opportunity backed by Novo Nordisk's long term commitment and track record in helping people living with chronic disease achieve greater health outcomes. If you are passionate about being a force for change, not afraid to take risks and challenge the status quo, and are looking to join a highly diverse and collaborative team, we encourage you to apply. Are you ready?
Accountable for leading the development and implementation of people with obesity activation marketing plans which may include disease awareness marketing activities (eg, Positioning, Messaging, Creative etc.). This role will develop and execute the public and media focused obesity business plans. Responsible for strategy development, tactical execution and the achievement of Novo Nordisk P&L goals. Champions Centers of Excellence (COE) integration across the brand and ensures brand/portfolio alignment with internal and external customers. Participates on cross-functional and global Extended Brand Teams and interacts extensively with other internal functions. Leads expert advisory discussions and represents the product plans in management discussions.
Reports to Sr. Director. Works closely with the Ecosystem & Partnership Activation lead, other Brand teams, Market Access, and Commercial Operations. Works in close collaboration with other departments such as Communications, Public Affairs, Media, OmniChannel Marketing, and Medical, Regulatory, and Legal as well as participating on global teams. External relationships include professional services vendors, associations, and third parties.
* Accountable to manage the budget process - makes sound decisions to optimize spend and ensure that resources are appropriately allocated and quality of services are maintained while costs remain on track and according to budget. Monitor agency expenses by looking for opportunities to maximize value while minimizing agency costs. Follow internal and external procedures in managing contracts. Regularly tracks and reconciles expenses to ensure budget is on track.
* Develops and executes the overall plan - develops personal and non-personal promotional materials; ensures alignment of platform positioning, messaging and overall objectives. May refine messaging based on specific customer segments. Identifies and implements improvements to prepare for launch, development and/or life cycle activities.
* Develops and oversees the implementation of disease awareness platform plans, including campaign development, media creative, PR/Comms liaison, and disease awareness patient education materials.. This includes in-depth market analysis, market research activities, patient marketing, coordination with partnerships, third party, ecosystem, etc within specific assignment.
* Proactively communicates and collaborates with Centers of Excellence (COEs) and others to ensure transparent communications and alignment of strategies and tactics within and outside the department.
* Responsible for providing interface with key stakeholders. Represents the organization as prime internal and external contact on projects, contracts or operational decisions.
* Works closely with analytics team to ensure marketing programs that are developed strongly support the direct and indirect needs with customers and drive appropriate results.
* Works effectively with international colleagues to define: launches, campaign development, competitive advantage and strategic evolution of the work.
* Works effectively with key support functions to ensure alignment with the brand objectives and goals
MARKET ANALYSES/ INVESTMENT:
* Develops relationships with and receives commitment from relevant NNI and NNAS departments to ensure the successful execution of strategies.
* Maximizes revenue and profitability and understands return on investment (ROI) concepts to ensure program effectiveness.
* Understands the definition of the market and develops accurate market expansion projections/forecasts.
* Develops and implements marketing plan.
* Effectively addresses competitive obstacles and obesity market expansion opportunities through the course of the year to ensure success
30-40% overnight travel required
* Minimum seven (7) years of progressive brand management/marketing experience within the pharmaceutical or similar industry required of which two (2) years were in a Sr. Brand Manager role or equivalent.
* A Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, MBA preferred.
* Proven track record in new product marketing preferred.
* Solid understanding of the pharmaceutical marketplace including medical, regulatory and clinical processes.
* Successful launch experience in a marketing role preferred.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.