Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
OVERVIEW To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Nurse Coordinator is a Registered Nurse who works under the direction and supervision of the Attending Cardiac Surgeon. The Nurse Coordinator monitors patient care pre- and post-operatively, and coordinates communciation with the entire healthcare team. Additional responsibilites include, but are not limited to, coordinating the surgical schedule, providing patient education, communicating with families, and ensuring appropriate patient follow-up after discharge. The Nuse Coordinator will ensure superior outcome and provide seamless delivery of care. The Nuse Coordinator serves as the direct link between the Attending Surgeon and Referring Physicans.
* 1. Professional Development -- Maintain and enhance knowledge of the cardiac surgery patient through educational opportunities and meet expectaions set forth by Hospital and departmental standards. Meet departmental/hospital expectations of growth goals set forth by the performance appraisal document. Involoved in strengthening the cardiac surgery service through participation in departmental and hospital activities.
* 2. Customer Satisfaction-- Models and upholds a customer service focus to all cardiac surgery patients and families. Ensures that confidentiality of patient information is appropriately maintained. Collaborates with healthcare team to ensure that customer service reflects excellence consistent with Hospital policy. Provides thorough discharge instructions and ensures medication reconciliation. Ensures that discharge summary is done at the time of discharge, and that the information in the summary is accurate and complete.
* 3. Outcomes Management -- Establishes interventions to decrease the need for emergency services or re-hospitalization. Identifies and analyzes trends in customer service/ satisfaction and provides leadership in resolving any negative trends. Identifies and analyzes trends in satisfaction, quaity outcomes, and practice excellence to help change in departmental practices. Collects clinical data for Surgeon and practice results that includes volume, risk factor assessment, morbidity, and mortality.
* 4. Key Interfaces -- The Nurse Coordinator interacts with the entire health care team to ensure seamless delivery of patient care. The Nurse Coordinator will be the direct link between the Attending Cardiac Surgeon and the Referring Physician to ensure optimal communciation of relevant patient information and access for hospital admissions. Provide information and support to the interdisciplinary team members within the hospital.
* 5. Clinical Expertise -- Participates in daily rounds. Report any concerns regarding patient care to the Attending Surgeon. Communicates effectively complex medical conditions with healthcare providers, as well as, insurance companies for procedure precertification and to provide clinical information in order to obtain approval for services. Orchestrates the Attending Surgeon schedule both in the operating room and the office, as well as, the coordination of concomitant procedures with other physicians.
Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
One (1) or two (2) years caring for cardiac surgery patients is preferred.
Licensed as a Registered Nurse from the State of Connecticut.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to manage multiple priorities. Computer experience and knowledge of word processing and data entry systems.