Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
As pioneers in audio and video technology, we at Poly uniquely understand the power of human connection. We've seen it drive innovation, solve problems, inspire action and power productivity. We are bringing together our portfolio of high-quality, proven products and services to connect people to what matters most -- whether it's their colleagues, customers, playlists or favorite games. Together, our technology will keep that connection strong and fuel a future collaboration and understanding, in spite of circumstances, distance or time zones.
Poly is looking for a Systems Engineer (SE) to partner with our Account Management team in a pre-sales technical role. In this position, you will act as a trusted advisor and technical consultant for all Poly products and related technologies. This includes showcasing Poly solutions, setting up demonstrations, communicating the value proposition to customers, and designing solutions to meet specific customer needs.
You will be equipped and expected to stay current on industry standards and maintain a working knowledge of competitor offerings and emerging trends in the collaboration industry as a whole. In this role, you will determine customer needs, create sales proposals, develop and deliver sales presentations in concert with enterprise and public-sector account managers.
Poly is a company known for innovation and you will have the ability provide input from the field for development of new products and enhancements working directly with the Poly product, service and engineering teams.
Poly has a great culture with a focus on teamwork and this is an exciting and pivotal role perfect for someone who enjoys technology, sales and being surrounded by passionate people!
* Work in conjunction with Poly sales team to develop and executive account strategy
* Act as a trusted advisor and technical consultant for all Poly products and related technologies
* Maintain a current expert knowledge of all Poly products and services
* Maintain a working knowledge of competitors products and services and of emerging trends in the collaboration industry as a whole
* Maintain a working knowledge of industry standards to leverage interoperability advantages of Poly solutions
* Create sales proposals and Quotations
* Develop and deliver sales presentations in concert with the sales team
* Effectively demonstrate Poly solutions and support evaluation/PoCs
* Provide input for development of new products and enhancement of current products
* Design end-to-end collaboration solutions that address a customer s business needs
* Work with extended team to develop custom solutions leveraging APIs to address customer requirements
* Assist clients with ROI studies, equipment budgets, systems requirements and specifications
* 50% travel in territory
* The candidate should possess minimum 5 years experience in a role providing analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills in a technology-driven environment
* The candidate should possess minimum 5 years experience in a strategic technical sales role providing technical solutions to address customer business needs
* Demonstrated ability in public speaking and presentation skills, with a focus on presenting technical information to those with a non-technical background
* Excellent discovery and active listening skills with experience discussing collaboration technologies, unified communications and real-time applications over IP
* Work effectively across functional lines, in coordination with others involved in product management, marketing and technical support services
* Experience creating technical responses and formal documentation in a written and graphical format including technical architecture plans, phased approach proposals and network topologies
* IP, Cisco IOS, switching and routing protocols, QoS, Security
* Understanding of Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory
* Familiarization with common UC collaboration platforms such as Microsoft Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, WebEx Teams, and BlueJeans
* Awareness of ITU-T H.323 and IETF SIP suite of standard UC protocols
* Experience supporting technical sales in enterprise markets
Poly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
Your application may be subject to a background check, in accordance with local legislation.