Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Employee Service Supervisor will work within the UCPath Center, reporting directly to the Employee Service Manager. This role receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to a moderate level of control and review, and directs subordinates to complete assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies. Requires full knowledge of own area of functional responsibility.
* Provides direct supervision and guidance to a group of Employee Service staff and monitors service levels for the unit.
* Provides direction to Employee Service staff according to established policies and management guidance.
* Interacts with peer supervisors and managers across the UCPath Center.
* Acts as an advisor to unit to meet schedules and resolve issues.
* Oversees the workflow of the unit and operations to ensure optimal efficiency and maintain high standards of service.
* Assists in the resolution of highly complex and escalated issues and situations.
* Provides input on performance, salary actions, hiring decisions and other human resources-related issues.
45% CUSTOMER SERVICE
* Provides accurate and efficient resolutions to complex and/or escalated issues and inquiries through multiple channels (phone, email, case management) by following appropriate resolution/assessment - methodology (investigating and research), utilizing knowledge management tools, educating employees on products and self-service tools, and determining appropriate course of action or escalation for emerging issues.
* Utilizes knowledge management tools and contributes new, revised or updated information to maintain accuracy and consistency in knowledge in support of customers, peers and the larger UCPath Center team.
* Assesses customer's/employee's level of understanding by educating and influencing customers to utilize self-service support.
* Provides support for employees dealing with sensitive and confidential information relating to benefits, payroll, and/or HR issues.
* Communicates effectively (written or verbal) to best match customer style, needs, and level of understanding in creating optimal customer interaction.
* Communication style includes accurate and grammatically correct support based on channel (phone, email, case management).
* Completes accurate and actionable case documentation in the case management database.
* Supports the UCPath Center team by sharing knowledge, information, and best practices with peers and cross-functional teams.
* Makes recommendations and process changes to ensure effective and efficient customer service. Reviews processes and procedures to improve service.
* Ensures delivery of quality service to various constituencies.
* A minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience working in an internal HR, payroll, or benefits shared service environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experienced.
* Prior experience in a supervisory role, with demonstrated effectiveness in leading a team.
* Broad content knowledge across HR/ Academic Personnel, Benefits, Payroll, and Leave Administration functional areas with in-depth knowledge and experience one or more of these areas.
* Understanding and experience applying advanced customer service principles.
* Ability to interact confidently and professionally during challenging conversations with managers and employees.
* Demonstrated ability to delegate and oversee assignments to ensure successful and timely completion, and obtain the cooperation of others within the unit.
* Recommends solutions to current, complex issues, using learning from past experiences with calls and project work.
* Ability to assess, promote and implement changes to current practices and processes.
* Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Previous experience providing input regarding hiring, evaluating, and development of subordinates.
* Basic regulatory and legislative knowledge as it relates to HR, Payroll, and Benefits.
* Ability to lead staff through development and team building exercises.
* Ability to analyze and interpret data to identify trends and training opportunities.
* Ability to provide high quality work utilizing highly developed and effective communication (written and verbal), project management and time management, skills.
* Highly effective organization, and project management skills.
* Excellent people skills, with ability to effectively interact, collaborate, and influence across all levels of an organization.
* Ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities.
* Ability to maintain flexibility and quickly address changing priorities.
* Ability to provide excellent service with integrity.
* Ability to accomplish assigned projects without compromising the integrity of the UCPath Center and/or University of California policies and procedures.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Ability to focus on the accomplishment of the UCPath Center mission and priorities.
* Ability to prioritize, streamline and accomplish assigned projects.
* Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters and material.
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
* Professional in Human Resources (PHR), SeniorProfessional in Human Resources (SPHR), Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC), or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification(s).
* Knowledge of UC personnel and payroll policies and procedures.
* Experience and proficiency in the PeopleSoft HRMS platform.
* Experience with SalesForce CRM.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled