Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: BROOKLINE, Massachusetts
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The primary function of the Patient Accounting Supervisor is to assist the Billing Manager with the daily operations and supervision of employees in the unit. Basic responsibilities include facilitation of daily work assignments, maintenance of unit specific balances, detailed training and education, refresher training and training on system functionality, participation in operational meetings with payer representatives, trouble-shooting problem patient accounts, involvement with outsourcing agreements as necessary, assistance with updates to written procedure and process for billing follow up tasks. The supervisor should remain in full compliance with all departmental, institutional and regulatory policies and procedures at all times.
* Review insurance changes from Patient Access and Contracting for completion, accuracy, and questions
* Distribute updates for insurance changes received from Access Management and Contracting
* Collaborate both inter-and intra departmentally to resolve issues and manage projects/assignments
* Assist other staff members as necessary in daily operations to include training in aspects of appropriate billing and follow-up procedures assigned
* Work in a team setting to assist the Billing manager(s) and other Senior Specialist(s) to develop policies and procedures for Patient Accounting Billing/Follow-up Staff
* Assume all management responsibilities in the absence of the manager
* Monitor staff compliance with all patient accounting and DFCI policies including but not limited to attendance, punctuality and diversity.
* Serve as the first contact to mediate and resolve staffing concerns and issues within the unit
* Actively monitor unit inventory
* Actively monitor staff production
* Ability to work with senior management on cross functional projects
* Assist with hiring and disciplinary actions
* Assist with the implementation and maintenance of quality control program within the unit
* Monitor payer communications and implement changes as required by payer
* Prepare draft of staff annual performance evaluations.
* Bachelor's degree preferred and 3-5 years of related supervision experience in the field.
* Knowledge of third party billing procedure and practice
* Supervision or team leader experience
* Experience with working knowledge of various software applications, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and various billing software
* Documented problem solving ability
* Knowledge of third party billing regulations
* Experience or knowledge of hospital and/or professional operations as well as basic third parties payer requirements.
* Dependable, self-starter able to set priorities, supervise projects, and meet deadlines
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and project management skills
* Ability to work well independently, on a team and as a trainer/facilitator
* Ability to analyze complex business problems and implement solutions
* Ability to research contractual and regulatory issues.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.