Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mason City, Iowa
Employee Referral Program Eligible - $500
ELIGIBILITY: You must be a current CP employee. You must have referred an employee to work in the Signals & Communications department in a unionized role. The referred employee must be employed by CP for a minimum of 6 months in order for you to be eligible for the referral bonus. Vice presidents, managers and supervisors in the direct line of reporting to the specified vacant positions are not eligible for the bonus. In addition any employees directly involved in the hiring process (i.e. interviews, shortlisting and calibration) and the Employment Centre are not eligible for the bonus.
* Req ID: 75866
* Department: Engineering
* Job Type: Full-Time
* Location: Mason City, Iowa
* Country: United States
* % of Travel: 80-90%
* # of Positions: 2
* Compensation Rate: $20.4375 - $24.0425 per hour
* Job Available to: Internal & External
* Deadline to apply: 12/31/2019
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
* Assist in maintenance and construction of wayside signals and crossing signals normally in a mobile crew.
* Applicants desired to have background in outdoor related construction, having some experience with heavy equipment such as backhoe, trencher, truck driving, and have background experience in the electrical/electronic field;
* Required to travel;
* Must posses a valid drivers license;
* CDL license or ability to obtain;
* Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather;
* Due to the safety-sensitive nature of this position, you must not have had any drug or alcohol-related offenses within the past 2 years and no more than 1 within the past 5 years.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
* Flexible and competitive benefits package
* Completive company pension plan
* Annual Fitness Subsidy
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is a safety critical position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessments. Qualification drug test(s) are also required.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
Criminal history check
Last 3 years of driving history
Last 7 years of employment history; includes military service * Social Security number verification
CP is looking for a qualified Signalman. If individuals do not have prior Signalman experience then they would start as an Assistant Signalman and be trained into the Signalman position.
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.