Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Client will interview in December but the start date will be mid January. Please plan on an onboarding date 4-6 weeks after an offer (closer to 6).
Interview: Phone Screen then In person interview
Duration: these roles go on for years.
Our client is looking for senior technical developers with at least ten years of experience to support multiple technology initiatives in support of the deployment of various Commonwealth systems. The position requires a balance of database modeling, database design and software development.
* Provides analytical support for conceptualization, development and implementation of complex systems of multiple inter-linked programs.
* In-depth knowledge of all phases of client/server applications technology.
* Responsible for the analysis, design, coding, debugging, testing and documentation of computer programs. Broad experience in programming graphical user interfaces (GUI).
* Extensive knowledge and skill with object-oriented programming, relational database structures and Structured Query Language (SQL).
* May act as team or project leader on major applications projects.
* Interact with business users and stakeholders to define and document the business and data requirement
* Analyze user requirements for reports, forms, queries, and data extraction to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business requirements
* Identify and profile source system data for upfront analysis using various tools
* Create conceptual, logical and physical data models using relational and dimensional modelling techniques and tools
* Design queries with structure to keep it simple, integrated and adaptable to future changes
* Define business rules to clean and conform the data before loaded in warehouse and used for reporting purposes
* Ensure that data models adhere to best data governance practices and data models are in compliance to standard industry practices
* Manage enterprise data warehouse framework to ensure data model evolve to meet future business needs
* Elaborate on various areas of enterprise data management such as Master and Reference data management, Data Governance, Data Security and Data quality
* Drive data virtualization initiatives and determine appropriate delivery mechanisms to support data mining and gathering of business intelligence Proven track record of designing, building, and launching complex applications.
* Must be competent to work independently in database management activities.
* In-depth understanding of systems design and programming.
* Possesses a thorough understanding of Oracle database design and implementation methodologies.
* Experience with data mining techniques and procedures; knowing when their use is appropriate.
* Willingness to teach and mentor Database team members and other IT individuals
* Experienced in best practices for design, development, modeling, and implementation of data warehouses and relational databases.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence or persuade others in positive or negative circumstances.
* Expertise in Oracle PLSQL.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
* Minimum 5 years of software development.
* Minimum 3 years' data modeling.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result..