Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Cubic Mission Solutions
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The Operations Tier/Level III Specialist is responsible for performing Tier III-type support on an emerging DoD and IC operational communications system. Primary tasks include hands on software and application systems management, administration, and advanced technical troubleshooting as part of a team of contract and government engineering professionals. The candidate will be responsible for not only assisting Tier I and Tier II personnel, but will work closely with the original software development team for the resolution of new or unknown issues involving application, software and hardware problems. The candidate should have a successful track record of software and application development and experience solving problems and advancing requirements. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; candidates must possess at least a secret level clearance and have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
* Provide direct software and application support to include troubleshooting and resolving complex issues with the operational system s suite of applications and underlying code.
* Provide internal and external customers with responsive, concise and accurate status or service updates, issues and risks
* Improve operational support by analyzing system issues and trends, and developing or refining code, processes and procedures
* Interact in a technical team environment with software, network and systems engineers
* Identify, document, and track issues, as appropriate
* Provide assistance with large scale system implementation and operational support
* Provide technical support experience in a Network Operations Center environment
* Develop system Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) and process flow diagrams for IT systems
* Utilize multicast IP theory and routing as required
A STRONG UNDERSTANDING OF LINUX. EXPERIENCE WITH CENT OS, REDHAT, AND UBUNTU A PLUS.
PROGRAMMING AND SCRIPTING EXPERIENCE, SUCH AS C, C++, JAVA, ASP AND VISUAL BASIC OR SIMILAR A PLUS.
* Experience with video related technologies including streaming video, H.264 encoding, Flash media server a plus
* Experience managing web based systems (N-Tier web applications, web services, etc), virtual operating environments (VMWare, Xen, Hyper-V), and Linux/Unix operating systems
* Experience with storage environments (Fibre, iSCSI, configuration/troubleshooting)
* Demonstrated ability to identify and effectively report software bugs in a production system
* Must have demonstrated rigorous troubleshooting skills on a large scale information system
* Multi-disciplined and flexible enough to support both software or hardware based solutions
* DoD experience in a technical operations role a plus
* Understanding of Information Assurance and security requirements as it applies to the Department of Defense (IA controls, DIACAP, VMS, etc.) a plus
* Familiarity with Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) concepts of operation and the network architecture employed to disseminate Full Motion Video a plus
* Three (3) years experience working with DoD communications a plus
* Solid understanding of multicast and IP theory a plus
* Experience with enterprise routing/switching environments a plus
* Experience working with third party help desk support teams a plus
* Experience with web farms and network load balancing a plus
* BS degree in software engineering, computer science, electrical engineering or other related degree
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business needs.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law