Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
CERTIFIED MIDWIFE / NURSE PRACTITIONER OB-GYN (FT DAYS)
Req #: 0000047939
Category: Nurse Practitioner
Administration Physician, 1 CLARA MAASS DRIVE, BELLEVILLE, NJ 07109
CERTIFIED NURSE MIDWIFE/APN
Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned a designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for Certified Nurse Midwife/APN to provide antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, neonatal and intraconceptional care in accordance with written midwifery protocols, which have been approved by the institution s Medical Board, Mid-level Practitioner Section; Department of OB/GYN.
* Assess the status of the patient, develop and implement a plan of care with the patient during the prenatal, intrapartal, postpartal, neonatal and intraconceptional period.
* Maintain the qualifications for full credentialing on the medical staff at CMMC as a Certified Nurse Midwife/APN, including participation in continuing educational programs (both CME and CEU)
* Manage patient labor, including the delivery of a newborn, utilizing medication and performing procedures
* Plan and provide health care for women of childbearing age and newborn infants and establish a complete database concerning the patient through history taken, physical examinations, and appropriate laboratory data.
* Seek medical consultations for patients with deviations from standard guidelines; perform an ongoing review of care, including evaluation and documentation in the medical record
* Work closely with, nursing and attending staff and shall ensure a productive cordial atmosphere conducive to quality patient care
* Provide immediate and follow-up care of the newborn infant, including an ongoing assessment and follow-up with the postpartum family
* Provide guidance and education for patients and families concerning health maintenance, contraceptive, admission, and discharge, labor management, including physical and emotional support.
* Perform/assist with the following procedures: NST, PCA pump, PCEA pump, Vaginal exams, Amniocentesis/reductions, IUPC s
* Provide a compassionate and supportive environment with prompt and consistent service.
* Adhere to patient rights: provides for the confidential treatment of all communications and records.
* Support teamwork by cooperative problem solving through participation in meetings, projects, etc.
* Utilize principles of continuous quality improvement in all work situations to assess, measure and improve organizational and department functions
* Organize work sets priorities with a minimum of supervision and seek guidance, as appropriate
* Provide the following specific patient care:
* High-risk antepartum patient, Pre-term labor, Second/third trimester bleeding disorders, Medical complications of pregnancy, PIH, Multiple gestations, Premature rupture of membranes
* Induction or augmentation of labor.
* Experiencing perinatal loss, complications of labor and/or delivery, Shoulder dystocia, Postpartum hemorrhage, Seizures, Vacuum or forcept instrumentation, Amnioinfusions, Initial steps in infant resuscitation.
* A Registered Nurse by the State of New Jersey.
* Masters prepared in Nursing from an accredited program
* Licensure as a Certified Nurse Midwife.
* Certified Nurse Practitioner in the State of New Jersey.
* Minimum 2 years Certified Nurse Midwife / APN experience working with the OB-GYN patient.
* ACNM Certification
* NJ Prescriptive privileges
* BLS / ACLS / NRP certifications required.
* Demonstrated professionalism with families, visitors, physicians, co-workers, and supervisors.
* Prior experience as a practicing APN/RNFA.
* Met all Medical Staff requirements for credentialing and approved by the Mid-level Practitioner Section Credentialing Committee.
* Clinical competency in the care of the post anesthetized patient.
* Competency and accuracy in nursing documentation.
* Excellent communication skills - including verbal, written and computer.
* Sound judgment and ability to make decisions that are timely and consistent with department, objectives, policies, and procedures.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.