Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
The Veterans Affairs (VA) School Certifying Official is responsible for processing certifications/verification through the VA-ONCE portal on a regular basis, both pre- and post-registration and assisting students with questions related to VA benefits, in-person, over the phone, and via email. This position accepts responsibilities for interpreting, explaining, and analyzing VA policy and changes and evaluating and monitoring the student eligibility for benefits processing associated with this designation. The VA School Certifying Official is responsible for maintaining and preparing documentation for annual and semi-annual compliance audits from State and Federal agencies. This position will provide excellent customer service.
This position is responsible for assisting with the process of federal military education benefits. The VA School Certifying Official is responsible for tracking laws and regulations that might affect the organization s policies specific to military education benefits. This position will work closely with campus and community partners to process military educational benefits. Other duties as assigned. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Regular, reliable, non-disruptive attendance is an essential job function of this job, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL RELEVANT APPLICATION MATERIALS INCLUDE DETAILS ADDRESSING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM CONSIDERATION.
* The formal education of a high school diploma
* At least one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field
* At least four years of experience in administrative support, including one year in a supervisory or leadership capacity
DOES THIS JOB REQUIRE ANY LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATION(S)*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
* Experience maintaining and working with computer or web-based database
* Experienced using a computer, basic Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), VA Once, or similar computer data system, and other internet-based programs
* Experience certifying VA benefits and/or Financial Aid knowledge a plus, but will train an otherwise qualified candidate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
* Knowledge of computers and software applications
* Knowledge of basic accounting principles
* Strong use and knowledge of professional business etiquette in the workplace
* Strong attention to detail skills
* Ability to handle stress and high volume during peak seasons
* Ability to identify, solve, and follow through on problems
* Ability to work independently and manage timelines in a deadline-driven environment
* Ability to conduct research and perform basic quantitative quality assurance reviews
* Ability to research, prepare, and present comprehensive written and oral reports
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
* Ability to maintain accurate records in VA and U of A databases
* Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion needed due to volume of sensitive and confidential issues
* Ability to communicate and work well with current/potential students, U of A faculty/staff, and external partners
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
* Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
* Repetitive motion
Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
IS THIS POSITION WEATHER/EVENT ESSENTIAL* IF YES, THE EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION WILL REPORT TO WORK AT THE SCHEDULED TIME WHEN THE UNIVERSITY IS CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT CONDITIONS.
Fayetteville Campus - Garland Avenue Shops
PAY GRADE LEVEL
TYPE OF BACKGROUND CHECKS REQUIRED
National criminal background and registered sex offender check
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
FUTURE OPEN DATE
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
ANTICIPATED START DATE
ANTICIPATED END DATE (FOR TEMPORARY APPOINTMENTS)
RECRUITMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A s employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS SUMMARY
222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to race/color, sex, gender, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.