Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
Zimmer Biomet is a world leader in musculoskeletal health solutions. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
The Planner / Buyer will be responsible for the Planning and Purchasing of assigned product from “cradle to grave” (i.e. new product development, sustaining and obsolescence). They will be responsible for a “heavy” product load and must be able to work with minimal supervision to effectively manage assigned product.
Proactively analyzes and interprets information for Planning systems and determines if process is in control, accurate and meeting customer demands. Makes day-to-day decisions that demonstrate a basic understanding of the financial business drivers. Effectively plans manufacturing recourses and diagnoses problems to minimize interruptions to production.
As an integral part of the Product team, this person will work directly with Suppliers, Marketing, Sales, Accounting, Operations and Engineering to ensure excellent customer service levels while minimizing inventory investments.
• Master Planning & Scheduling
• Purchasing of inventory items
• Provide product availability commitments
• Supplier negotiation to achieve lowest total cost
• Effectively utilize company recourses
• Accountable for the accuracy and impact of planning decisions
• Planning system maintenance and updates to insure integrity of Planning data
• Coordinating Forecasts for all Demand Channels for assigned product.
• Product Team member
• Liaison between other departments to coordinate product issues that need resolution.
• Work with New Product teams to develop effective product launch plans.
• Effectively manage product with a shelf life to minimize obsolescence from expired product
• Supply Chain Development
• Provide planning / schedule commitments and performance reporting
• Comply with Government, Regulatory and Zimmer Policies and Procedures.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the