Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR HEALTHCARE AND HELPING OTHERS? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? If you have experience in entry level healthcare and/or hospitality customer service industries, jump-start your career in our Patient Access department!
As a Registrar, you will work directly in the facility to ensure the highest quality of care is provided to our community. Our team is dedicated to helping others in their time of need.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Welcome patients and family members in a professional manner providing exemplary customer service
* Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
* Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information.
* Ensure charts are completed and accurate
* Verify all insurance and obtain pre-certification/authorization
* Calculate and collect patient liable amount
* Adhere to AIDET patient communication guidelines: Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* High school diploma or GED required
* 1-2 years of healthcare and/or hospitality, customer service experience
* 1-2 years of registrar experience is highly preferred
* MUST INCLUDE A RESUME WITH ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION.
PART TIME POSITION, THAT REQUIRES ROTATING WEEKENDS AND/OR HOLIDAYS.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. Create a customizable health insurance plan that will best suit your family's lifestyle. Choose from the medical, vision, and dental plans that you need. You can also take advantage of unique employee benefits such as the Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Tuition Reimbursement, Consumer Discounts, Student Loan repayment, and our matching 401k.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a WORLD'S MOST ETHICAL COMPANY by Ethicsphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.