Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bakersfield, California
This is a hands-on Data Architect for Chevrons San Joaquin Valley Business Unit IT Surface Team.
The person selected for this role would be responsible for completing data analysis, modeling, SQL view scripting, and related activities required to integrate data into a large third normal form data warehouse and exposing it through a semantic layer. The Data Architect will be responsible for working with business and IT resources to understand requirements and validate design. The desired candidate will be required to work within a Scrum team and assist with tasks not traditionally required of a Data Architect (ETL coding, application testing, view scripting, etc.).
* Work closely within a Scrum team to deliver business value
* Conducting data analysis, business engagement, data modeling in Erwin (3NF and dimensional), view scripting, and other related tasks
* Develop architecture artifacts to support team and development activities
* Triage and resolve data warehouse defects
* Create and maintain positive and professional business relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
* Experience 5+ years working as a Data Architect
* Advanced experience with data analysis and data modeling
* Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications/solution designs
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Willingness to work outside their scope to assist team in non-architecture related activities
* Experience using Teradata
* Previous Oil and Gas experience/background
* Previous experience as a DBA and/or application developer
* Required: HS Diploma or Equivalent
* Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in IT related field
* Phone Interview with Manager and team members
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) will consider for employment all qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, and an arrest or conviction will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration from employment.