Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Senior Instructional Systems Specialist (ISS)/Designer (ISD)
1Prospect Technologies, LLC currently has an opening for a Senior Instructional Systems Specialist (ISS)/Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to perform Front End Analysis (FEA) for selected U.S. Navy enlisted rates (occupational specialties), in support of the U.S. Navy s Sailor 2025 (S2025) Ready Relevant Learning (RRL) initiative.
Will include interviewing U.S. Navy technical subject matter experts (SMEs) in a series of small group workshops intended to analyze task procedures, specify enabling knowledge, skills, and abilities (K/S/As), select tasks for training, develop related learning objectives, and analyze requirements for varied training media including Interactive Courseware (ICW) Level 4 (3D simulations/simulators).
You will apply instructional design skills and expertise in leading, co-leading, and/or supporting and documenting findings from these workshops and in developing Terminal Learning Objectives (TLOs) and Enabling Learning Objectives (ELOs) for use in task training. You will be paired with a U.S. Navy training instructor/facilitator and rating specialist or another ISS/ISD to perform this work; effective teamwork will be crucial to success.
Open. Preferred consideration for applicants who reside at/near the following anticipated workshop locations: Great Lakes, IL; Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA; Pensacola, FL; San Diego, CA; Lemoore, CA; and Tinker Air Force Base (AFB), OK. Applicants not located at/near one of these locations will be required to travel to conduct multiple data collection workshops.
This position may require travel dependent on employee location.
Education / Professional Requirements:
Master's degree in Education, Instructional Systems Design, or related fields is preferred, plus 10 or more years experience as an ISS/ISD, preferably supporting military customers. Bachelor's degree may be considered in lieu of Master's if a candidate possesses 15 years' experience in training analysis and design (prior work for U.S. Navy is preferred).
* Experience applying principles and techniques that support ISD/SAT and ADDIE instructional design process models; experience implementing guidance in MIL HDBK 29612 and NAVEDTRA 130 series strongly preferred.
* Experience performing FEA activities including job/task analysis, identification of tasks for training, instructional media selection, and development of comprehensive performance based TLOs/ELOs.
* Experience leading or co-leading small groups of technical specialists and/or interviewing SMEs to identify training requirements, task process/procedures, etc.
* Experience designing varied types of training and performance support materials such as instructor-led training (ILT), interactive courseware (ICW) for distance learning applications, and blended learning solutions. Preference given to applicants who have designed/storyboarded high-level interactive courseware, to include 3D whole-/part-task training simulations.
* Experience working as a leader/member of training development teams.
* Experience working with Quality Assurance Specialists and peer colleagues in the review and editing of all deliverables.
* Experience working in a Government contracting environment strongly preferred.
* Must be a U.S. citizen.
* Current Department of Defense Secret/TS/SCI security clearance strongly preferred. At a minimum, must be eligible for government security clearance.
* Proficiency in applying instructional design strategies and methodologies and adult learning principles to the design of multiple types of training solutions, the development of tests and measurements, and the evaluation of training.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication abilities.
* Ability to communicate effectively within the framework of U.S. Navy training culture.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong organizational skills with ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment where priorities and deadlines may change.
* Ability to effectively interface with personnel at all levels of client organization.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
Qualified applicants should be available to work beginning in the December 2019-February 2020 time frame. Otherwise qualified applicants whose availability is within 90 - 120 days of that period may have their credentials retained on file for anticipated similar future opportunities.
1Prospect is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
* Back Email Apply Now