Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Employee Service Associate (ESA) will work within the UCPath Center, reporting directly to the Employee Service Supervisor. This critical role will be the first point of contact and service for UC employees and managers. This role uses customer service concepts to apply policies and procedures to respond to all levels of HR inquiries, resolving most inquiries directly and escalating complex/unique issues as needed. Customer contacts may be through several channels, with the majority of contacts made through telephone contact or the Customer Relationship Management tool.
The ESA will provide information and guidance primarily by phone to UC employees regarding payroll (garnishments, wage attachments, W2, etc.), human resources (position information, leave administration, etc.), academic personnel, and benefits. Knowledge and experience as a subject matter expert is needed in at least one of the following areas: human resources, payroll, or benefits. The incumbent must be able to acquire in-depth knowledge across multiple areas through training.
* Provides accurate and efficient resolutions to complex and/or escalated issues and inquiries through multiple channels (phone, chat, customer relationship management, etc.) by following appropriate resolution/assessment methodology (investigating and research), utilizing knowledge management tools, educating employees and managers on products and self- service tools, and determining the appropriate course of action or escalation for emerging issues.
* Responsibilities involve review of issues and problem resolution in specific areas such as, but not limited to one of the following: payroll, human resources, academic personnel, benefits.
* Utilizes knowledge management tools and contributes new, revised or updated information to maintain accuracy and consistency in knowledge in support of customers, peers and the larger UCPath Center team.
* Assesses customer's level of understanding, and educates and influences customers to utilize self-service support. Provides support by answering escalated customer inquiries by researching policies and procedures, recommending self-help web sites, and guiding customers through steps used to arrive at solutions.
* Provides support for employees with sensitive and confidential information relating to benefits, payroll, and/or HR issues.
* Communicates effectively (written or verbal) to best match customer style, needs, and level of understanding in creating optimal customer interaction. Communication style includes accurate and grammatically correct support based on channel (phone, email, case management).
* Completes accurate and actionable case documentation in the customer relationship management system.
* Supports the UCPath Center team by sharing knowledge, information, and best practices with peers and cross-functional teams.
* May research, analyze and work with appropriate levels of the Center to facilitate implementation of corrective action or ensure problem resolution.
* May participate in workgroups for review of internal process and technology to ensure effective and efficient customer service.
* Ensures delivery of quality service to various constituencies.
* A minimum of three (3) years demonstrated customer service experience working in an internal HR, payroll, or benefits shared service or call center environment as a subject matter expert in one functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Content knowledge across HR, academic personnel, benefits, payroll, and leave administration functional areas with in-depth knowledge and experience in one or more of these areas.
* Understanding of and experience applying advanced customer service principles. Interacts confidently, effectively and professionally during challenging conversations with managers and employees. Recommends solutions to current issues using learning from past experiences with calls and project work.
* Strong collaboration and teamwork skills. Demonstrated ability to share knowledge with others to help them become more effective.
* Ability to promote and implement changes to current practices and processes.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
* Excellent writing skills to clearly, concisely and logically articulate ideas and issues, using appropriate editorial style and strong English grammar skills; ability to translate technical information and concepts into easily understandable language for a diverse audience.
* Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills to effectively research and extract pertinent data and information from multiple sources and systems in providing guidance to and/or resolving issues for customers and in support of other project.
* Ability to effectively utilize UCPath Center workstation functionality (e.g., imaging, on-line reference tools, Windows environment, Microsoft Office products and computers in general).
* Ability to ask for coaching and feedback, seek better understanding, and act on it to improve his or her contribution.
* Strong regulatory and legislative knowledge as it relates to HR (FLSA, exempt vs. non-exempt, FMLA), payroll (garnishments, wage attachments, W2, GLACIER), and benefits (LOA, health and welfare, CARE services).
* Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in work product. Ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities.
* Ability to accomplish assigned projects without compromising the integrity of the UCPath Center and/or University of California policies and procedures.
* Self-motivated and directed. Ability to think strategically and focus on the accomplishment of UCPath Center mission and priorities.
* Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters and material.
* Ability to provide excellent service with integrity.
* Knowledge of UC personnel and payroll policies and procedures.
* Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC), or Certified Payroll Professional(CPP) certification(s).
* Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled