Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Manufacturing Engineer Consultant.
CSS - Customer Success.
Job Description for Advertising Purposes
Manufacturing Engineer Consultant
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with some of the largest and most respected companies in the world, across a wide range of discrete and hybrid manufacturing processes industries. You will work with a client-facing consulting teams on projects that have the capability to change the world and how we engage with it. The team consists of consultants, engineers, and computer science specialists, at varying levels, working on projects up to $1MM+, in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
The focus of this job is on achieving results which are aligned with the business and strategic customers goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results, despite changing conditions is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Due to environmental and organizational conditions changing rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response. Decision making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions.
The pace of your day is faster than average and abounding with opportunities for both learning and leadership. During the course of a typical project, you will become your client's trusted advisor, helping them realize value from technology and process improvements brought about through the implementation of PTC solutions.
The MS (Consultant or Analyst) will be responsible for the configuration, implementation, and deployment of manufacturing solutions across multiple industry verticals. This will involve working across our teams to analyze, design, and translate functional requirements into robust, simple, technical solutions that will help drive improvements in production and profitability. They will complete these activities by working in an integrated team comprising of PTC and customer resources.
Fundamental responsibilities include:
* Communication with customers to determine requirements and solutions which will be robust and empower them to effectively run their manufacturing processes.
* Responsibility to prioritize and solve daily tasks and be able to effectively present solutions to customers.
* Participate and document system design, execution, and end-user requirements.
* Provide leadership and rotating support activities of implemented solutions to the customer.
* Participate in the planning, prioritization, and leadership in implementation projects.
* Participate in large and small project implementations. Tasks might include mentoring, configuration, development, debugging, writing, and following test scripts.
* Make recommendations to customers regarding the integration and application of implemented solutions to increase manufacturing effectiveness across the organization.
The candidate must possess an engineering or relevant scientific degree and be able to demonstrate the application of analytical techniques to solve manufacturing problems. However, they will not be buried in the data, but be able to work with companies to drive change from the insight gained.
* BS in an Engineering discipline, related degree, or manufacturing based experiences.
* Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
* Demonstration of multi-tasking and triage capability.
* Demonstration of problem analysis and solving skills.
* Be willing and able to travel.
* Manufacturing experience is preferred.
* Educational or job-related experience in Transact SQL Stored procedures and database concepts.
* Familiarity with SQL Server Reporting Services is a plus.
* Familiarity with PLC and OPC connectivity is a plus.
* Project Management lifecycle skills.
* ERP related experience is a plus.
* Lab or Quality related experience is a plus.
* UX Methodology.
* IIOT/ Smart Manufacturing/ Industry 4.0.
Job Req Number
PTC Company Description
About PTC (NASDAQ: PTC)PTC unleashes industrial innovation with award-winning, market-proven solutions that enable companies to differentiate their products and services, improve operational excellence, and increase workforce productivity. With PTC, and its partner ecosystem, manufacturers can capitalize on the promise of today s new technology to drive digital transformation..
Why Join Us and Benefits Summary
When looking for a new job, we know you are looking for something that aligns with your values, passions, dreams, and lifestyle. Our team is passionate and committed. We are driven by innovation and value our work-life balance. Check out what it s like to work at PTC at #lifeatPTC. We believe that diversity of experience and background leads to better ideas and a stronger company. We encourage everyone to bring their unique perspectives to our team. We take a holistic view of the employee experience and provide you with what you need to take care of your health, your wealth, your well-being, and your career. PTC benefits are among the most competitive in the industry. While your salary is the major component of your compensation, you also receive a competitive benefits package including: Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) Healthcare and Dental insurance Paid Time Off and Sick Time Birthday Day-off Tuition Reimbursement (Canada, India, Israel, US) Holiday Pay Employee Referral Program Management and Employee Training Development Other Regional-specific Benefits All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status..