Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The Document Specialist III performs document control by creating, reviewing, or editing documents prior to them being sent to clients. These tasks are accomplished by: editing, formatting, creating, revising, and converting documents via various applications, including transcription software.
• Act as a coordinator when necessary to disseminate job requests to team members;
• Process requests using best practices and most efficient method;
• Create and/or revise work product using direct keyboard entry, scanner or electronic conversion methods of input; transcribes audio and digital dictation including deposition transcripts as required;
• Spell check, proofread and/or cross-check documents to ensure accuracy and completeness;
• Convert documents to and from the standard format per customer’s request;
• Participate in ongoing intra-department training to develop and maintain necessary specialized and advanced skills required to support the document service’s needs;
• Maintain high level of confidentiality of all records and files;
• Participate in departmental project teams; assists with various projects and initiatives as assigned;
• Provide excellent customer service by answering questions knowledgeably to customers and team members;
• Willingness to share ideas and thought processes;
• Adhere to team processes and new implementations and/or directives;
• Strive to increase skillset knowledge level by participating in company training courses, research, and onsite training sessions;
• Ability to correspond with customers professionally via telephone, and email;
• Flexibility to adapt to change;
• Ability to correspond with customers professionally via telephone, email, and remote access;
• Assist with skillset building of new team members;
• Provide desk side support when needed;
• Act as a point of contact for large projects;
• Oversee the creation of, or create a Master Log for large projects to ensure organization;
• Assist Manager and team with strategically planning best method to complete requests;
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of specialized applications and upgrades in order to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity with the Document Services applications;
• Provide feedback and insight into each team member’s performances when requested;
• Promote and encourage teamwork, confidence, and positive attitudes;
• Provide directions, instructions and guidance to the team;
• Assist with reviewing re-works or poor job outputs from team members;
• Assume leadership/mentor role as identified by the Manager;
• Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
• Associate's Degree, Secretarial Degree or equivalent technical knowledge/experience;
• 5+ years’ experience in a legal document production environment and/or legal secretarial experience;
• MOS certified; or in progress;
• Familiarity with legal terminology and law firm environment required;
• Advanced knowledge of Document Management Systems (DMS), and Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to: Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint;
• Excellent skills in spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and proofreading;
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments;
• Ability to take initiative and use good judgment to accomplish results;
• Ability to excel under pressure within established timeframe and provide quality work product;
• Possess strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork and customer service skills;
• Interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, staff and a variety of external entities including: clients and prospective clients of EPIQ;
• Prolonged sitting and computer use are required.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.