Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Stewart Information Services Corporation (NYSE-STC) is a global real estate services company, offering products and services through our direct operations, network of Stewart Trusted Providers™ and family of companies. From residential and commercial title insurance and closing and settlement services to specialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we offer the comprehensive service, deep expertise and solutions our customers need for any real estate transaction. At Stewart, we believe in building strong relationships – and these partnerships are the cornerstone of every closing, every transaction and every deal.
The NTS Examiner is responsible to provide accurate and professional title commitments, maintain high level of productivity and products, assess risk and liabilities in accordance with policy provisions, and provide title opinions based on the facts and documentation.
• Read and draw out metes and bounds legal description
• Compare each insured legal description against assessed legal descriptions, search for discrepancies
• Review ALTA/ACSM surveys and compare to legal descriptions
• Review abstracts of title provided by external or internal abstractors
• Retrieve zoning information
• Review and evaluate requests for ALTA and Stewart-specific endorsements, and where appropriate, provide endorsements
• Prepare pro forma title policies in anticipation of closing
• Communicate directly with the clients (usually lawyers and paralegals) in order to clarify and/or clear title objections
• Assist in preparation of final title policies and endorsements
• Examine title orders within company guidelines to determine the conditions of the title and insurability by considering the effect of documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, mechanics liens, tax liens, judgments, assessments, probates, easements, rights of way, mineral interests and other matters of record
• Research respective title plant software, analyze and evaluate pertinent record documents for determination of ownership, legal descriptions, and any conjunction to title
• Recognize title defects and formulate curative requirements
• Assess risks and liabilities that may jeopardize the company, and bring these matters to the attention of the local title manager, state title manager or underwriter, as appropriate
• Maintain proper production levels and delivery standards on a daily basis
• Work closely with the customer and escrow staff to meet time requirements for options, and assist with answering questions
• Prepare an accurate and compressive title commitment in accordance with company examining and policy procedures
• Perform title searches as needed, verifying, reviewing and compiling information including but not limited to, geographic information, property surveys and legal description, title orders, customer information, ownership histories, physical address, etc. which involves the return of a set of documents reflecting the history of a property
• Updates title and judgment searches and ensures timely processing of associated documents, etc.
• Answers questions and inquiries regarding process, procedures and transactions
• Submits details for examination of the title and provides updates to appropriate parties
• Utilizes various documents, files, websites and title search software
• Recommends and advise management on process improvement and impact of change and leads initiatives to improve processes and service/products
• Perform other duties assigned by manager
Role Specific Knowledge:
• Ability to read and draw legal descriptions, including metes and bounds and platted property
• Familiarity with abstracting, plotting and title production software
• Advanced knowledge of real estate conveyancing documents
• Advanced knowledge of state-specific real estate laws
• Advanced familiarity with survey concepts, including ALTA/ACSM survey standards
• Advanced familiarity with policy forms
• Advanced familiarity with ALTA and Stewart-specific endorsements and issuing requirements
• Advanced familiarity of a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills
• Expert knowledge of transactional documentation standards and ability to apply standard in non-standard situations
• Ability to operate in an environment with tight deadlines and strict standards
• Proficient in utilizing computer software and systems sufficient to manage spreadsheet, documents and search engines
• Expert in applying company and related legal and statutory requirements related to property search
• Ability to work in a high volume transaction environment, requiring attention to detail and self-motivated
• Ability to identify problems and develop solution of a complex nature
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
• Completion of a High School diploma - Yes and completion of an associate degree in any field
• Completion of an undergraduate degree in in any field a plus
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in the title industry which includes experience in abstracting and examining.
Stewart. Real partners. Real possibilities.™ More information can be found at http://www.stewart.com, subscribe to the Stewart blog at http://blog.stewart.com or follow Stewart on Twitter® @stewarttitleco.
Returning Job Seekers
Already have a candidate profile? Log in to access and update your current profile to access and update your current profile.
Stewart employees should access Careers through the Stewart Point internal jobs database.
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Stewart is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Stewart, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. Stewart prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic consideration protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer