Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
For further rewards offered, please visit www.TEAMHMH.COM
Provide prescribed medications according to professional standards and practices. Advise patients, families and medical and nursing staff.
* Perform all duties and demonstrates behaviors consistent with the HMH Mission, Vision, Beliefs Statement.
* Demonstrate knowledge of and follow policy and procedures relating to the provision of IV Pharmacy Services.
* Provide technical support to the Pharmacist in the dispensing of prescription orders according to established policy and procedures, and as allowed by law.
* Demonstrate clinical documentation skills in accordance with organization standards and HIPAA status as evident by clinical chart review. Demonstrate strong operational record keeping skills as evident by Quality Control Monitoring Log, Temperature Storage Logs, etc.
* Pull the correct quantity and lot numbers required for compounding, seek registered Pharmacist s verification of same and compound all medications while utilizing and demonstrating strong aseptic technique in compliance with USP 797 and USP 800 standards.
* Follow protocol and procedures for proper hand washing, gloving and gowning when working in Class 1000 Clean Room before compounding any sterile admixtures so as to minimize touch contamination while compounding. Demonstrate strong aseptic compounding skills when working in Class 1000 Clean Room in order to be in compliance with USP 797 and USP 800 Compounding Standards.
* Insure at all times, that there is adequate inventory required for the compounding and dispensing of all intravenous admixtures. Order, receive and stock inventory. Enter medication lot numbers and expiration dates into the Pharmacy computer system, and periodically review the active inventory in an attempt to identify expired inventory.
* Maintain infusion pumps serial numbers and pump utilization by our patients based upon serial number tracking. Print Pump Utilization Reports and Maintenance Reports and provide to the Director of Pharmacy for review. Clean and test returned pumps (if pump is owned by the organization) or return the rental infusion pump to the appropriate vendors.
* Demonstrate and understands the appropriate policy and procedures relating to sanitation of the Class 1000 Clean Room and Class 10,000 Anteroom. Consistently clean the Clean Room and Anteroom as per organization policy.
* Routinely participate in the ongoing maintenance and activities in the picking/packing areas, main Pharmacy, and warehouse storage area, as related to Pharmacy services.
* Demonstrate acceptable aseptic techniques by passing sterility testing on a twice annual basis as per department policy.
* Document all cleaning, maintenance, and sterility testing on appropriate logs as per policy and procedure on a consistent basis. Maintain hazardous waste log and records.
* Routinely coordinate with delivery personnel, couriers, and HMHAH Infusion staff. Assure efficient delivery of products to customers.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
* High School Diploma
* Six (6) Months Experience
* Certification Through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PCTB)
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.