Posted in Accounting 1 day ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Plano, Texas
An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield IMG College has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 250 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic departments at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield IMG College Directors’ Cup.
Learfield IMG College also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others."
This role serves as the main point of contact for all indirect taxes for the Learfield IMG College group and reports to the VP of Tax.
· Compliance – prepare timely and accurate indirect tax filings for the Company and its subsidiaries
· Account reconciliations - prepare monthly indirect tax account reconciliations, including related journal entries
· Research – perform tax research using Bloomberg BNA, state websites and other tax resources
· Use tax – manage the use tax accrual process in conjunction with the AP team
· Software – maintain OneSource Indirect Tax and assist with completion of additional implementation phases
· Notices – prepare responses to indirect tax notices in a timely manner
· Audits – assist with indirect tax audits including direct interface with government tax authorities and representatives
· Miscellaneous – assist with compliance in property tax, gross receipts tax, business licenses, escheatment, etc.
· Calendar – timely review and maintenance of all tax calendars to ensure deadlines are met
· Process Improvements – continually search for and strive to implement process improvements