Posted in Marketing 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: McLean, Virginia
Position: UX Director
Location: Tysons/McLean/Vienna, VA
Starts: January 2020
Duration: 6+ Months
Status: Freelance / Contract
A client in McLean, VA is looking for a UX Director to join their team onsite, 40 hours/week, for a long term contract with the possibility to convert.
The ideal UX Director is established and dynamic leader focused on strategic product vision, design talent growth, and coordinating teams to execute for impact at scale across the program.
You will work in close partnership with executives in Design, Product, Tech, Marketing, Operations, and Analytics to achieve high-value results that position design effectively to pursue and deliver innovative, experience-led product strategies.
As the leader of the design team, you will inspire and empower a high-performing and innovative group of design strategists, content writers, researchers, UX/UI designers, and front-end developers in defining and delivering game-changing, end-to-end product experiences that simplify the complex across platforms, channels, and devices.
You'll clear the path for great design with a seat on the cross-functional program leadership team, with whom you'll build the program culture and operating model. And you'll work side by side with some of the most exciting design leaders in the world, who bring inspiration, heart, critique, and camaraderie to work every day, and are committed to change.
UX Director Qualifications:
- 10 years of product design or customer experience
- 6+ years of management experience of cross-functional teams (product, tech teams, etc)
- Proficiency with current design tools (Sketch, Invision, Figma, Adobe CC, etc.) and presentation formats (Google Slides, Keynote, PPT, Prezi, etc.)
- A deep understanding of human-centered design, UX practices, and building high-performing teams that balance design skillsets
- Agency, brand, start up and/or innovative industry experience is preferred
Submit resume (and samples if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org