Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
What's in it for you?
You can be a key contributor at one of the largest veterinary diagnostic companies in the world. As a Sample Management Technician (Specimen Processor or Specimen Accessioner), you will be helping to track samples as they come into the lab for clinical testing. This work helps veterinarians diagnose and treat pets across the United States. You will join a fast-paced work environment that encourages teamwork and quality and offers opportunities for personal growth. This is a casual/per diem role with shift differential, and excellent potential for growth.
This is a casual/prn/per diem position. Shifts are available on a "as needed" basis. Reliable and dependable attendance is an essential function of the position. Adherence to attendance-related policies and expectations is critical to this position.
What can you expect?
You will receive and prepare samples for laboratory analyses and testing that diagnose various pet illnesses, injuries and diseases. You can expect to remove specimens from transport bags and split as needed for multiple testing. You will enter data about the specimens into a computer tracking system. You will also rack and bundle prepared samples for delivery to each testing department. In this role, accuracy, safety and quality are extremely important, so you will be expected to read, understand and follow applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), including safety and quality procedures. Additionally, you will assist other lab personnel with specimen storage and ensuring Turn Around Times (TAT's) are met. You may be cross-trained to perform other basic laboratory technician duties, which could give you a window into other career opportunities at IDEXX.
Additional responsibilities could be:
- May be cross-trained to perform basic Laboratory Technician duties, such as performing less complex tests.
- May be responsible for various support activities, including maintaining supply inventory, record-keeping, shipping and receiving, cleaning and other related duties. Checks inventory of supplies, stocks shelves and maintains order in stockroom. Ensures documents are completed to established SOPs and reflect current manufacturing processes and label claims. May sort incoming specimens for processing track and sort X-Rays, Coggins and other items for delivery and create work orders in system for deliverable items. May assemble equipment as needed. Prepares and ships supplies, including processing related documentation. Performs variety of administrative duties, such as answering and routing incoming calls, maintaining visitor badges and logs and other related activities.
- Prepares samples on slides or other testing format, records required information and sends to appropriate specialty lab area.
- Reliable and dependable attendance is an essential function of the position. Adherence to attendance-related policies and expectations is critical to this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
What do you need to succeed?
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, 2, 3 or 4 year degree in Science-related field preferred. Typically 0-1 Years of related experience.
- Preferably strong typing/data entry experience and/or experience with laboratory sample processing.
- General science background, including hematology/chemistry helpful.
- Attention to detail.
- Organized with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Basic math, interpretive and analytical skills.
- Data entry skills required.
- Personal computer skills, including strong typing ability and proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Capable of standing continuously for up to 2 hours.
- Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- May be required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate with customers and Employees via telephone and in person.
- Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Extended hours may be required.
- Some travel required.
- Laboratory environment with potential biohazards present.
- Potential for exposure to agents known to cause zoonotic disease in humans and use of potentially hazardous chemicals as defined by the National Hazard Communication Standards. A complete list of such chemicals is available from department supervision.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Apply Today!
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.