Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Job Description and Requirements
Summary of Responsibilities
The Program Manager will provide cross-functional program and project leadership to ensure successful, predictable, and timely delivery of Synopsys software products.
The ideal candidate is customer focused and collaborative serving as the watchdog and advocate for software releases across geographically dispersed product development teams. He/She uses professional concepts and company objectives to independently resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways and offers (and motivate others to offer) new approaches and solutions.
We are looking for a candidate to bring programmatic rigor and best practices to work in partnership and to further the capabilities of our team.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
* Develops and owns cross-functional program plans spanning planning, development, and validation
* Sets targets and publicizes progress of release milestones, code quality, and process initiatives
* Manages successful delivery of software releases into production per agreed schedules
* Develops, documents and executes standardized product deliverable tools and procedures to improve product lifecycle management
* Leads and directs teams in strategic and tactical aspects
* Develops understanding of all components to facilitate prioritization of requests from the Product Management organization and other key internal stakeholders as well as identifies the connections and dependencies among other teams
* Identifies resource requirements necessary to achieve timely deliverables
* Manages risk and change from conception to delivery
* Identifies and escalates issues
* Represents the organization as the principle contact on business unit and/or company-wide projects
* Interacts with management and senior external personnel on matters requiring coordination across internal groups
* Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise
* Drives problem resolution through fact-based, conscious decision making
* Provides business and management expertise and consultation
Basic Qualifications, Skills And Education
* 8+ years of overall program management experience, with 5+ years in Project Management and Program Management capacity for Enterprise Software companies
* Hands-on experience with waterfall and agile software development processes
* Strong collaboration, project planning skills
* Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
* Excellent written and oral communications
* Strong, independent leader, who is a self-starter and a proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment
* Bachelor's or Master s degree in technical field, Computer Science a plus
Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender preference, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Covered Veteran in accordance with federal law. In addition, Synopsys complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Synopsys Inc. also provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with a disability in accordance with applicable laws.