Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
DIRECTOR OF NURSING OPPORTUNITY
RIVENDELL BEHAVIORAL HEALTH HOSPITAL sits on 49 scenic acres in the heart of south central Kentucky and offers a safe and therapeutic inpatient environment for adolescents, adults and geriatrics. Rivendell features 125-beds and specializes in acute psychiatric, dual diagnosis, chemical dependency and for adolescents and adults. Our Nursing Team at Rivendell has an average tenure of over 10-years, so we are highly experienced in behavioral health and ready to support a new Director of Nursing.
Hospital Website: https://www.rivendellbehavioral.com/
THE DIRECTOR OF NURSING is a key member of the Rivendell BH Leadership Team who will integrate and coordinate a patient centric nursing strategy with a keen focus on patient care; ensuring that delivery of high-quality and cost-effective health care is consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Universal Health Services and in accordance with government regulation, licensing and accreditation requirements. The DON participates in the hospital s strategic planning and contributes to the achievement of institutional goals and objectives. The Director of Nursing will focus on 5 key areas: People, Service, Quality, Growth, and Finance
PEOPLE: Creates an environment which supports employee development and teamwork to deliver compassionate patient care in a safe environment.
SERVICE: Creates systems, processes and care standards to support the delivery of patient care in a safe, fiscally sound environment of service excellence.
QUALITY: Provides accessible, timely, efficient, cost effective care by utilizing evidenced -based practice and continuous performance improvement.
GROWTH/COMMUNITY: Fosters an environment that supports growth and community through activities, partnerships and shared goals.
FINANCE: Supports an environment of financial stability to achieve the UHS mission and strategy.
WHAT DO OUR CURRENT NURSING LEADERS VALUE AT RIVENDELL BH AND UHS?
That despite our large company design, each facility is run independently, and so our nurse executives have the autonomy to manage their teams with clinical and educational support from corporate. You are never alone, as you are part of a large network of peer nurse leaders that routinely exchange ideas and review current topics within the industry. That we have an active Nursing Council based on shared governance and evidence-based practice. That we offer internal leadership and clinical education, including a generous annual tuition assistance and continuing education allowance designed to keep you at the top of your practice. That we offer and support real career advancement opportunity, including our COO-in-Training program and a variety of regional and national corporate roles designed to support the field and share advanced experience. And, that UHS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that reflects the work/life needs of our senior leaders.
BENEFITS FOR DON INCLUDE:
* Challenging and rewarding work environment
* Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
* Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
* 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
* SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
* Psychiatric Nurse Residency Transition-to-Practice Program (Could earn 20 CEUs)
* Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEARN MORE BEFORE APPLYING, PLEASE CONTACT SCOTT ERRICKSON, PROGRAM MANAGER-NURSE RECRUITMENT AT (484) 584-2725, OR VIA EMAIL AT SCOTT.ERRICKSON@UHSINC.COM
One of the nation s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since our inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, our annual revenues were $10.77 billion during 2018. In 2019, UHS was again recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #293 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago, enabling us to provide compassionate care to our patients and their loved ones. Our strategy includes building or acquiring high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, investing in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and becoming the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 327 behavioral health facilities, 40 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 37 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. It acts as the advisor to Universal Health Realty Income Trust, a real estate investment trust (NYSE:UHT). For additional information on the Company, visit our web site: http://www.uhsinc.com.
To provide superior quality healthcare services that: PATIENTS recommend to family and friends, PHYSICIANS prefer for their patients, PURCHASERS select for their clients, EMPLOYEES are proud of, and INVESTORS seek for long-term returns.
* Licensure: Current license or permit to practice professional nursing in the state of employment.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a CCNE accredited nursing program; Master of Science in Nursing is strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of behavioral health nursing clinical practices and management.
* Extensive knowledge of principles and practices relevant to nursing and patient care activities.
* Demonstrated knowledge of effective management and supervisory practices. Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
* Five or more years of progressive nursing management experience in behavioral health setting
* Ability to plan, direct, and monitor others activities with demonstrated leadership abilities that contribute to a positive work environment
* Proficiency with common computer based applications such as electronic mail, word processing and various databases, whether PC, network or mainframe based.
* Travel Requirements: Occasional US travel to conferences and UHS management meetings.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.