Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Category (For Job Seekers)
H5551 - Carrollton TX Plant - Carrollton, TX 75006 US (Primary)
Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
* Under general supervision, coordinates purchasing activities to meet forecast commits and processes purchase reqs in a timely manner.
* Places orders based on MRP requirements.
* Verifies price and delivery dates within established contracts but rarely negotiates.
* May be involved in administering EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) program.
* Expedites as necessary to meet production requirements. Works with incoming inspection and receiving to resolve discrepancies.
* Monitors supplier delivery. May research new supply sources but typically is working with a limited AVL list (e.g., OEM provided suppliers).
Nature of Duties:
* Understand Materials Requirements Planning (MRP)/(DRP) process
* Action all new planned buys, reschedule, cancel, and pre-delivery confirmations to supplier and monitor past due purchase order (PO) based on Performance Excellence guidelines
* Receive and evaluate supplier responses and take appropriate action (escalate as required)
* Ensure suppliers deliver purchased items in a timely manner. Alert program management and planning of any potential issues.
* Work directly with planning to review and coordinate total demand and demand changes (forecast and sales orders) before acceptance. Communicate issues and suggest resolution to program management and other participants of the customer teams.
* Work with planning to review Engineering Change Order (ECO) impact on open orders.
* Manage procurement of material and strive to reduce total costs to less than target.
* Consistently validate lead-time and Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) to ensure accuracy.
* Get Purchase Price Variance (PPV) approval through the proper process.
* Complete resolution of Accounts Payable issues.
* Work with purchasing administrators to ensure all actions are sent to suppliers in a timely manner and follow up as necessary.
* Resolve receiving discrepancies (RDR), Material Review Board (MRB), Return to Vendor (RTV) and PPV following Performance Excellence guidelines and Corporate and Plant policies/procedures
* Review and resolve suppliers invoice holds
* Negotiate pricing, delivery and other terms and conditions consistent with business requirements.
* Manage the material on order with suppliers so as not to exceed the plant s inventory goal
* Obtain certification for on-line training courses per Performance Excellence requirements
* Prior Sanmina experience and systems knowledge is preferred.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree or APICS certification and equivalent experience
* Up to 2 years experience in manufacturing environment
* Experience with MRP/DRP planning IS required.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity