Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT PLACES INTEGRITY OVER THEIR BOTTOM LINE? HERE AT HCA, OUR EVERYDAY DECISIONS ARE FOUNDED ON COMPASSION. APPLY TODAY AND JOIN A TEAM THAT IS DEDICATED TO SERVING OTHERS IN NEED.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Long-established as an important part of Southern Kentucky, TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited, 211-bed hospital located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. TriStar Greenview offers services like an expanded Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, accredited Chest Pain Center, Advance Primary Stroke Center, and an Orthopaedics program featuring Blue Distinction(R) designation for hip and knee replacement.
TRISTAR GREENVIEW REGIONAL HOSPITAL is currently looking for a PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT (PRN/AS NEEDED).
Under the supervision and direction of a licensed physical therapist, The Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) assists in the practice of physical therapy. The PTA provides patient care based on a treatment plan as directed by the Physical Therapist. Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into care. Utilizes translation services when indicated. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long range plan, mission, vision, and values of the hospital. Promotes a supportive environment that encourages collegiality. Cares for Neonate/Infant (0-12 months) Pediatrics (1 - 17 years) Adults (18 - 79 years) Elderly (80+ years).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS INCLUDE:
* Carries out treatment plans that have been established by a licensed physical therapist for inpatients.
* Directs and aids patients in therapeutic exercise, gait and functional training, applies therapeutic modalities, and performs other activities according to the plan of care established by the licensed physical therapist and as permitted by the State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
* Assists the physical therapist during patient testing, evaluations and complex procedures.
* Instructs patients on segments of the plan of care including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, canes braces and prosthetic appliances and devices.
* Documents in computerized documentation system. Prepares correspondence and reports related to plan of care and patient progress.
* Directs activities students, and volunteers as assigned.
* Participates in performance improvement and program development as assigned, to include but not limited to: data gathering, chart reviews, compilation of data into a report.
* Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY THAT PROVIDES SATISFACTION AND PERSONAL GROWTH, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY. WE PROMPTLY REVIEW ALL APPLICATIONS. IF YOU ARE HIGHLY QUALIFIED YOU WILL HEAR FROM ONE OF OUR MANAGERS. COME UNLOCK THE POSSIBILITIES AND APPLY TODAY!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program
* Current Kentucky Physical Therapy Assistant License
* Critical thinking and judgment particularly in determining when to inform the therapist of a significant change in the patient's condition
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and /or equipment up to 50 pounds
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.