Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
International technology group * specialty glasses and glass-ceramics * more than 130 years experience * more than 15,500 employees in 34 countries * innovative ideas for the world of tomorrow What's your next milestone*
SCHOTT is an international technology group with more than 15,000 employees generating $2.5 billion in sales worldwide. Its core markets are the household appliance, pharmaceutical, electronics, optics and transportation industries. SCHOTT North America employs approximately 2,000 people in 14 locations.
SCHOTT is seeking a bright college or university student to intern with our Corporate Finance/Accounting Department located in Elmsford, NY. The chosen candidate must be able to work 15-20 hours per week during the college breaks and during the college semester. Reporting directly to the Manager, Finance Shared Services, the Accounting intern will provide support to the department that includes, but is not limited to:
* Work in Accounts Receivable Department
* Post of daily lock-boxes
* Post of incoming wires
* Record W-9 & Resale Certificates by state
* Assist with workflow for new customers
* File / pull copies of checks for auditors
* Miscellaneous projects
* Enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program with a concentration in Accounting/Finance Major and Junior status
* Minimum GPA of 3.0.
* Ability to work 15-20 hours per week during the college semester and breaks.
* Prior experience in an office environment highly desired.
* Self-starter who can work independently and complete projects with minimal supervision.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people and independently.
* Organizational, communication (verbal & written), and time management skills are essential.
* Ability to ensure confidentiality and professionalism are maintained when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
* Basic Excel
* Understanding Debits and Credits
SCHOTT's internship or co-op program provides students with an opportunity to learn on-the-job skills and gain business experience. It is a firsthand look at a career field and provides an opportunity to network with professionals and fellow interns, to strengthen academic skills, to build resume credentials for future job opportunities.
Schott North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (M/F/Vet/Disability)