Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
52307 Job Category:
Professional Position Type:
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our Mid-Atlantic Energy Team to support the effective execution of our long-term business development Plan.
This position will be based in our Hanover or Owing Mills, MD office and will require work at the client s project sites throughout the mid-Atlantic area as needed.
Fundamental to our Plan is to consistently exceed our utility client s expectations by providing flawless engineering and project management services to targeted Mid-Atlantic Energy accounts. Critical to the success of this position will be to demonstrate proven experience and relationships with project owners supporting utility capital improvement projects. In a team capacity this candidate will be managing complex Energy projects in the Mid-Atlantic.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the planning, delivery, management and governance of assigned projects in accordance with Client s project management processes defined by scope, schedule & quality. Provide leadership & clear direction to the project team.
Experience: Approximately 5 to 8 years
* Participating on project teams in the planning, design and construction administration of oil & gas pipeline and related facilities projects.
* Interaction and project coordination with multidiscipline teams including sub-contractors.
* Assist in work activities and communicating with various municipality, utility, and governmental regulating agencies.
* Infrastructure design services including:
* Coordinating acquisition of utility information
* Supporting the development of design concepts and criteria for pipeline relocation projects
* Hydraulic, civil, and environmental design/review of pipeline relocation projects
* Coordination of contract documents including plans and specifications
* Coordination of permit and approval applications
* Bid phase services support
* Design support during construction
* Field support and oversight
* Providing technical support to Gas Utility Technical Supervisors, Field Engineering Representatives, and other departments, subcontractors and organizations.
* Ensuring and maintaining Gas Code Compliance, regulatory compliance and technical compliance to project specifications.
* Reporting on engineering and project progress against planned project budgets and schedules.
* Participating in special projects or tasks as required.
* BS in Civil Engineering
* Pipeline experience including information collection, coordinating with sub consultants, coordination with utility companies, municipalities, DOTs and the client, and preferred experience with development of alignment drawings, hydrostatic test plans, nitrogen displacement injection sites, specifications, and support for DOT and environmental permits.
* Proficiency with AutoCAD required.
* Demonstrated knowledge including budget and schedule monitoring and control.
* Team player possessing strong planning and organizational skills.
* Must be detail oriented.
This position includes the need for occasional inter- and intrastate travel.
Education: B.S. in Civil Engineering or technically equivalent degree associated with Pipeline and/or Energy fields
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.