Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Requisition ID: 46714
Business Unit: Training Systems Atlanta (3300)
Suwanee, GA, United States, 30024
Meggitt Training Systems is a global leader in Live Fire and Virtual training equipment. Meggitt Training Systems currently has ~400 employees in 7 countries - US, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Holland, and UAE, performing sales and service activities with a majority of employees located in Suwanee, Georgia. Most of the production and engineering is performed in Suwanee.
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Engineering Manager, Systems leads the System Engineering team and directs the team objectives, while aligning tasks with company policies and procedures. Participates in decision making that may have a significant impact on products. Job Core Responsibilities
Responsible for managing a systems engineering group to support the Virtual and Live Fire business areas. Helps the VP of Engineering refine the systems engineering vision, mission, and objectives. Ensures proper resource planning and staffing to fulfill project systems engineering demands. Updates and maintains modern systems engineering processes, tools, and procedures. Oversees and directs systems engineering department continuous improvement initiatives. Leads and directs the work of others as well as performs SE role on select projects as needed. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the VP of Engineering.
Facilitate a large team of engineers, providing technical direction and resolving cross-functional design issues that arise during development Job Specifications
* Requires a bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with 8+ years of professional engineering experience and a minimum of 3 years in a systems engineering capacity. Advanced engineering or business degree (Masters or equivalent)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and ability to communicate difficult concepts and negotiate well with others
* Significant experience using MS Office and Requirements Mgt tools
* Complex problem-solving and decision-making skills
* Ability to absorb and apply new technical information and evaluate implications
* Solid knowledge and experience in product development life cycle
* Knowledge and experience creating and maintaining System Use Cases and System Architecture Diagrams
* Experience with real time systems
* Experience in serious games/simulation industry
* Usage of Jama (requirements management) and Jira (Agile)
* Familiarity with INCOSE processes
* Knowledge of both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
* Experience creating Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.