Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
The person in this position assists in the day-to-day operations of the Tax Department, including compliance and financial reporting.
• Prepare various federal, state, and other miscellaneous tax returns on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
• Assist in preparation of tax provisions and effective rates (monthly, quarterly, and year-end)
• Understand and improve upon current processes and documentation
• Research and analyze domestic tax issues, including state and local tax questions and other related issues
• Assist in special projects to identify, research, and analyze tax issues and planning opportunities, including due diligence reviews on potential acquisitions
• Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Good communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with all levels
• General knowledge of and ability to research US federal and state tax matters
• Basic understanding of US GAAP accounting for income tax
• Ability to discuss tax issues with management in plain English in oral or written communications
• Commitment to working as part of a team
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, with one to five years of related experience in a mixture of public and industry desired
• CPA or on the path to becoming a CPA
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
See job description