Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Scope
The Government Affairs team manages corporate outreach to educate Members of Congress as well as Administration officials on the work done. This position would be to aid in the operations of and support of the Government Affairs team. This important role will focus on scheduling, supporting the administration and logistics around political activities and the robust lobbying and political compliance program.
- Must maintain a high degree of professionalism, initiative, independence in support of department on a wide variety of complex issues
- Strategically communicate and maintain schedule for department, in conjunction with SVP scheduler, to ensure cohesion
- Plan, manage, coordinate and execute on/off-site from meetings as well as fundraising and Emergent Employee events, including: management of schedule with Davis and Harman, logistics coordination with campaign staff including catering, work with building management on elevators and security, as well as tracking of RSVPs. Please note, this role is typically not expected to attend these events.
- Managing schedule and travel for all federal political travel including hotel rooms and event registration over 30 to 40 conferences or events around the US each year
- Managing schedule and travel for Republican Governors Association (RGA), Democratic Governors Association (DGA), Republican Legislative Campaign Committee (RLCC) and Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (DLCC) including
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.