Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Proposal Manager, Huntsville, AL (ID#16700)
Cherokee Nation Businesses is looking for a Proposal Manager for its businesses in the Engineering & Manufacturing sector. This exciting opportunity will leverage the candidate's leadership ability and experience in proposal management.
For more than 40 years, CNB's Engineering and Manufacturing companies have provided on-time, on-budget aerospace and defense services for commercial and government clients. Each business serves its clients with award-winning excellence and responsiveness. Working with these tribal-owned companies offers government agencies the option to award sole source contracts, providing flexible and efficient means of allocating resources for projects of all sizes.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for interpreting solicitation requirements or source selection regulations and coordinates proposal response strategy for small to mid-size ($20M) competitive or direct award opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
* Interprets solicitation requirements or source selection regulations and coordinates proposal response strategy for small to mid-size competitive or direct award opportunities.
* Assesses the solicitation and other proposal elements to determine the appropriate proposal schedule to meet requirements.
* Develop themes, discriminators, and write to incorporate the Capture Strategy.
* Conducts milestone readiness reviews to assess proposal readiness for color team reviews, if appropriate.
* Coordinates and manages content inputs; develops and executes the color team reviews if appropriate.
* Coordinates strategy and schedule with assigned sector for proposal resources.
* Performs compliance/quality reviews of documents.
* Coordinates final review with Contracts for assigned sector and sign-off at the appropriate level.
* Facilitate the use of various proposal tools, work products, and techniques to create winning proposals that fully execute the win strategy.
* Participate in color team reviews.
* Responsible for proposal quality, final proposal review, and timely submission of proposal.
* Revise the various phases of the proposal process (development, management and publications) based on industry and company best practices.
* Other duties may be assigned.
Leads and guides the works of others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 7 years of related experience with various government contract and their technical requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Exhibits attention to detail exhibiting high level of accuracy.
* Knowledge of various proposal tools, products and techniques.
* Ability to mentor peers in proposal management, development and publication best practices.
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
* Knowledge and understanding of current organizational practices and programs.
* Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
* Proficiency in utilized software programs including Microsoft Office Suite.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to successful completion.
This position is primarily performed in a climate controlled and professional office setting.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.