Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Simulation Software Engineer position provides operational support to CAE USA s Program Deployment department. Responsibilities include hardware/software integration, configuration management, software modification and debugging, systems and network administration, test support and deployment of simulation training devices. Engineering skills in software integration and test are applied to help coordinate small to medium size projects under direct supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Software Development and integration.
* Hardware setup and integration.
* Schedule and coordinate hardware and software integration tasks with other groups.
* Thorough understanding of configuration management systems, hardware interfaces, and large scale software development.
* Hands on interaction with multiple software and hardware platforms.
* Provide assistance to application engineers during their site time.
* Command a clear understanding of Hardware and Software Integration (HSI) issues.
* Implement corrective measures for all HSI issues that are not compliant to requirements.
* Provide technical expertise during subjective and objective evaluations of training devices.
* Help with the resolution of all acceptance faults.
* Participate in installations and final sell off of training devices.
* Coordinate and review technical/operational deliverables prior to submission to customer.
* Project Team Meetings (Weekly meetings with assigned staff).
* Customer Reviews (support formal reviews with customers as required by assigned project)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* B S degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. All communications must be in English.
* Analytical math skills necessary to complete the required tasks.
* Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
* May be required to sit down for long lengths of time.
* May be required to climb stairs.
* Must be able to travel CONUS and to International sites
* Must be able to climb stairs to enter and exit a simulator
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
* Moderate to high levels of stress, associated with technical, schedule, and customer issues are to be expected with this position. Extended work hours and possible 2nd and 3rd shift assignments are likely to be encountered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WE ARE AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER AND GIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. IF YOU D LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EEO RIGHTS AS AN APPLICANT UNDER THE LAW, PLEASE CLICK HERE EEO IS THE LAW POSTER.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.