Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Elderwood at Waverly, recently renovated 200 bed Skilled Nursing Facility, is seeking a Social Worker to join our team! This is a Full Time career opportunity, primarily Days shift, with shift times to be discussed. Social Worker team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing social services for residents.
Ideal candidates have past experience in Healthcare or Long Term Care. Take the next step in your career by putting patient CARE first - we are People caring for People!
Assumes a social work caseload of all residents on a nursing unit according to policies and procedures described in Section B of the Social Services Manual.
Greets and helps acclimate new residents.
Assists with development and review of plan of care to meet the long and short range health care goals for individual residents on the assigned nursing unit.
Completes SCREEN form for new admissions to unit and for discharge process if applicable.
Takes an active part in decisions and procedures regarding discharge or transfer of residents to another level of care.
Documents pertinent information regarding residents as required by department and facility policies and procedures.
Cooperates with staff of other departments in meeting the physical, emotional and social needs of residents.
Provides financial, personal, or group counseling for residents and their family members or sponsor.
Participates in in-service training programs upon request.
* Minimum of a bachelor s degree in social work or a bachelor s degree in a human rehabilitation counseling, and psychology from an accredited institution; and services/ field including, but not limited to, sociology, gerontology, special education.
* One year of supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals
* Experience in casework required.
* Valid Drivers License and clean driving record required.
* Work experience in the admission or discharge area of social work very desirable.
* Desire and ability to work with the elderly and to cooperate with other staff members necessary.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.