Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: ACCELERATED CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN CREATIVITY AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT APPLY NOW TO PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: ACCELERATED CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN CREATIVITY AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
* Division of Continuing Education - Education and Business
Open date: January 22nd, 2020
Next review date: Thursday, Feb 6, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee. Final date: Thursday, Jan 21, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Division of Continuing Education (DCE) is a self-supporting unit within the University of California. Funding is generated through fees collected from a diverse, complex, and ever-changing student population. Part-time instructor positions are on a course by course contracted basis. This is NOT a faculty position.
This is pool recruitment for campus teaching positions that may become available in the Creativity and Product Development Accelerated Certificate Program (ACP). For this program, international students come to the UC Irvine campus to take classes related to product development. For more detailed information about this program, please visit: https://ip.ce.uci.edu/programs/certificate-internship-programs/accelerated-certificate-programs-acps/acp-creativity-and-product-development/
Course topics include:
* Introduction to Creativity and Innovation
* Managing Development Projects
* Leading Development Teams
* Innovation and Business Ventures
* Strategic Pitching, Networking and Marketing
* Design Thinking Sprint
All classes are on-ground, daytime classes that meet Monday Friday.
Specific Instructor Duties
* Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI Division of Continuing Education Program Representative as assigned and using approved syllabus template
* Prepare and deliver course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format
* Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
* Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System as the course support platform
* Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
* Post final student grades by set deadlines
* Handle student inquiries about final grades and consult with the Program Coordinator and Director as needed
* Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
* Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
* Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
* Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated syllabus; submitting course handouts; signing instructor contract; submitting required textbook orders; communicating AV and classroom needs
* Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of international student populations
* Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e.: make arrangements for guest speakers, off-site property tours, etc.)
* Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
* Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
Our curriculum is constantly updated and tailored to bring students the background, expertise, and business practices to remain competitive and advance their careers. Taught by qualified practitioners, our courses feature practical applications, underlying rationale, and current issues, all of which can be immediately utilized in and applied to our students work environments.
Part-time, temporary assignments are on an as-needed basis. This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part-time instructor applications all year long; when the division has a need to fill, we refer to the pool of applications on file.
To apply for this position, please click this link:
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
* Master s degree or higher from accredited institution
* Extensive background and current work experience displaying skills related to business communication
* Interest and willingness to teach an international student audience
* Local and available to teach on-ground, daytime classes during the week
* Current knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in subject area
* Must be committed to the highest level of academic standards and integrity
* Highly effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey conceptual and complex ideas and information
* Highly effective interpersonal skills
* Proficiency in (or willingness to learn) the use of instructional technology and online teaching tools
* Current participation in professional associations
* Comfort in dealing with international professionals and students
* Experience designing/revising curriculum and measuring student performance
* College-level teaching experience (or the corporate equivalent)
* Experience working, traveling or living abroad
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
* 4 required (contact information only)
Apply now to Part-Time Instructor: Accelerated Certificate Program in Creativity and Product Development or
Log in to your portfolio
Need help* Contact the hiring department.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You have the right to an equal employment opportunity.
For more information about your rights, see the EEO is the Law Supplement
The University of California, Irvine is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
See our Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Annual Security Reports.